Garage remodel

:spunk:

That is all.

Wasn’t crazy about the exposed beams at first, but I love them now.

Excellent work.

Very, very well done.

:word: Have you thought about possibly wrapping them? I think they look great now, but wrapping them could be baller.

hey my sister jsut bought a house near there…N. Willowlawn

Nice job.
I like the beams and fans.

Awesome, I will be doing the same after I finish my attic.

OK, now start a separate thread for the 55 now :slight_smile:

Looking good :tup:

I did at first, but had to draw the line somewhere. I had to constantly remind myself that this is a garage, not a living room. I’m a big fan exposing structures along side a finished wall/ceiling. Also, I like to jump up and hang from them:)

In time…I’m currently taking the parts car apart and collecting pics as I go.

Looks fantastic Mike! I remember how dark it looked before, hell you could live in there.

Oh wait, you probably are now. :stuck_out_tongue:

The floor looks like shit, are you doing it next?

Nice job! I sooo want to redo my garage, but I’m torn between doing that, and just putting up a bigger new one (which I’ll never get the cost out of if I sell :confused: ) I’m guessing all that drywall, insulation, wire, and wood wasn’t cheap, somewhere around $5K would be my guess. Looks like it was worth it though.

x…

Looks like shit may be a bit overdramatic…it’s a concrete floor that has a few pits. Yes, I will be finishing it off once the weather turns warmer.

Home Depot reciepts total up to about $1500 for all the materials. Insulation, lumber, drywall, screws, paint supplies, lighting, electrical supplies, fans, etc…no labor since I did it myself. Defintiely worth the investment, I love having a comfortable spot to work in:)

:tup:… nice writeup… im jealous

That’s it? I guess there is less in materials there than I thought. Usually insulation and a fair amount of 2x6’s will run you that much. I guess it depends on the R factor of the insulation, the quality of the lumber, and the thickness of the drywall too. I really think I’m gonna give my current garage a little bit of a makeover now. As long as it stays under $1000 it will be worth it to bring my car back home.

X…

No, i didnt mean it like that. I meant it dosent look as pretty as the rest. A little floor paint and it will be so nice.

Ballpark numbers, since my receipts have a little bit of everything scattered around in them…

R13 insulation on the ceilings and R11 on the walls…$300
5/8" drywall on the ceiling, 1/2" on the walls…$300
Screws/nails…$75
Lumber…$275
Electrical wire, boxes, lights, recepticles, etc…$150
Mud/tape/paint supplies…$125
Misc…$100

Total: $1325

Careful planning and figuring out what you really need can keep costs very reasonable.

you should have went with a waterproof bottom section of drywall never know when you want to use a hose to wash the floors

i was thinking of putting a tile backsplash on my garage walls… my dads friend has BOXES AND BOXES of old subway style white tiles that he would give me for free… but i think i may just go the lazy way and use green board

Thought about it…but I’ve never really hosed out the garage to where the walls are getting wet, just swept it. After the floor gets recovered I don’t anticipate the need to bring water in there. Now if I had a drain it would be a different story…

Farthest I’d go with the walls is hanging some kindof of baseboard to protect the wall from the broom hitting it…may run some caulking to keep it sealed in the event water does find it’s way in there. I’ll think about it more come spring time when I’m finishing off the floor.

excellent work, ive remodeled and flipped two houses with my dad…sometimes its frustrating but when your done it looks great

very impressive for a “dabble-er”