Get Caged at PMP - New Fox body pics!

[quote=“CrazyLT1,post:40,topic:26744"”]

Looks good guys!

Mark - I am converting from OBD 2 to OBD 1 - would you guys be able to do the tuning for me on the OBD 1?

[/quote]

How r u going to get past the plug-in?? Just a side question…

awesome paul :tup: i might come see you for a harness bar

I plan on keeping the old computer for that

[quote=“CrazyLT1,post:40,topic:26744"”]

Looks good guys!

Mark - I am converting from OBD 2 to OBD 1 - would you guys be able to do the tuning for me on the OBD 1?

Paul was telling me that you guys have the software for that. He also said something about knowing someone from Rochester that is good. Let me know…

[/quote]

No problem on doing an OBD1 tune for you, we have the software. And he was probably mentioning new era from rochester because we can use their dyno if you want some before/after numbers on the tune.

well the civic is my daily driver but i want to run some 6 point harnesses for autox and have them be legal for other track events that would require them. as far as the bar i dunno what is required for the track and i want to be able to use my back seats for passengers when need be.

[quote=“jdmEK9gsr,post:45,topic:26744"”]

well the civic is my daily driver but i want to run some 6 point harnesses for autox … i want to be able to use my back seats for passengers when need be.

[/quote]

Let’s see…You want a daily driver, with a 6-point rollbar for the track, plus taxi accomodations for passengers. Yikes, if it’s a 4-door model I’m sure it would be pretty easy to do, sometimes you have to compromise.

i will have to stop down to get a quote for a cage in the SHO. It is slowly turning into a track only vehicle.

great guys, nice shop. good quality work and good pricing. looking forward to doing business with these guys, they really know what their doing!

Looks good guys! I’d like to have my SFC’s installed by you guys when I get the car on the road. Looks like you do some very good work.

just a few pics of a fox body we recently completed.

customer requested as stealthy a look as possible-from side cannot see bars except a little part of the main hoop

once headliner is in place, main hoop is right up against it for max headroom.

nice wide stance of rear bars

added frame stub to tie in rear frame to main hoop and rocker

under seat crotch strap mount

optional swingouts for easy entry

each cage is custom fitted to driver and seat.

ready for interior install

sneak peek at our latest “Stealth Cages”- front bars are integrated with the “A” pillar for maximum vision, they are tucked up into the roof for max headroom as well as the windshield bar.

16-point cage with integrated trunk mount anti-roll bar

that looks fucking excellent.

seriously. better than vito’s… i think…

Next time. And i know there will be a next time.

hmmm… I’m diggin that “stealth” cage in the Bird… wonder if I could keep the t-tops functional with something like that… probably have to modify the t-top control to work down instead of inward… hmmmmmmm…

Looks like I found who will be doing my bar/cage once I get the funds together.

LOL, actually I think I see that in the red car in the background…

Fantastic looking work guys. :tup:

i think the stealth cage is for the BAD AZZ28 green camaro…mark has been talking about it for years…i might have to stop by for sub frame connectors on the new ride

[quote=“97FormulaWS-6,post:52,topic:26744"”]

hmmm… I’m diggin that “stealth” cage in the Bird… wonder if I could keep the t-tops functional with something like that… probably have to modify the t-top control to work down instead of inward… hmmmmmmm…

Looks like I found who will be doing my bar/cage once I get the funds together.

[/quote]

Paul (Nytrus1) has TTops in his red firebird (16point cage) and he still has full use of his TTops and they open the normal way.

What’s the upgrade with the interior/cage integrated anti-sway bar? over a stock bar that is…

looking good:tup:

[quote=“newman,post:51,topic:26744"”]

that looks fucking excellent.
seriously. better than vito’s… i think…
Next time. And i know there will be a next time.

[/quote]

Thanks…just let us know when you need something done up, we love projects.

[quote=“97FormulaWS-6,post:57,topic:26744"”]

What’s the upgrade with the interior/cage integrated anti-sway bar? over a stock bar that is…

[/quote]

There are 3 advantages:

1. It is way easier to set preload because its done from the hatch instead of under the car.

2. It is no longer unsprung weight because its being supported by the car rather than hanging from the rear.

3. It looks cool as hell :cool:

Pauls cage (red formula) and my green machine have the same type of halo structure up front and under the car, but different styles of rear bars. Either setup will be good to 8.50, but we followed 25.5 specs for the bars that were included so that we can upgrade them later.

The ttops in Pauls car needed modification to the mechanism but they are still removable and sit flush. And since I dont have ttops and Im not as tall as Paul, I can sit in either driver or passenger seat and not need any roll bar padding because my head cant hit a single bar. I only needed to add one small strip for where my helmet can reach the side bar, but this way its not dangerous to drive on the street at all.

Yea, from what I remember when I met Paul, I’m about his height and have tops… so…

I’m defenetly calling u guys when I am ready to do this; probably this fall/winter time.

Probably nothing as crazy as Paul’s setup, but at a min a 8pt bar, and if you can do a cage that clean, I’ll probably do that instead just to be safe.