Going AWD v.my1gDSM

hey i`m swaping trannys…i need manual AWD parts…got any up for sale sir??? =P

Very cool project. I love the idea of tracking the drag times between the two, only difference being the AWD setup. :tup:

Looks like a ton of work…

Have fun

I think you should swap the front ends too, not a fan of the pop up headlight, they make the car look really dated too.

[quote=“POOPRA,post:23,topic:26592"”]

I think you should swap the front ends too, not a fan of the pop up headlight, they make the car look really dated too.

[/quote]

That is the 1Ga to 1gB coversion I was talking about in the first post. I completley agree with you on that one. :headbang:

and some more pics of swappage…

I started on the rear taillights and bumper conversion. I have always loved the talon rear with the wannabe diffuser bumper, High mount license plate, and the yellow directionals. This was not part of the plan originally, but this setup literally just landed in my driveway one day, so I took advantage…

This pic explains why I did this.

The bumper is actually just hanging on there, that and two brand new front fenders are going out for paint friday afternoon…mainly to see if I like the way the new color looks. After that the whole car goes in for paint.

I am going with a black/mica custom mix paint. Nothing fancy. It will be black, thats all I want.

Tonight I will post pics comparing the 3-bolt and 4 bolt rear diffs.

:tup: keep the progress pics coming…

skrappar i’ve got a 1gb talon front bumper if you want it!

Lookin’ good Skrap.

Here is the reason for the 3-bolt to 4-bolt rear end swap.

four bolt on top…note the four bolts on the outer flanges, vs the three on the other.

notice the 4 bolt in front. The shaft itself is about 2mm thicker, has 4 axle cup mounting bolts, and a much much beefier joint both inner and outer.

here is a closeup of the two inboard joints.

Progress! :tup:

X…

are you gonna go with some forced induction? or just the swap?

[quote=“envied_TSI,post:30,topic:26592"”]

are you gonna go with some forced induction? or just the swap?

[/quote]

both cars are forced induction… and i’ve never heard of anyone converting a turbo DSM to N/A, so i think its safe to assume he’s sticking with the turbo.

i know theyre turboed. i have a dsm.DUHH.lol. i meant a bigger turbo(real forced induction)

Yes, I already have a very solid setup that will be swapped to the awd beast.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/Jskrapper/dogturb281.jpg

GL not that you need it, seems like you know these cars inside and out :tup:

looks good, you need new tires…(well at least a rt front)

[quote=“EnvyUrDemise,post:21,topic:26592"”]

hey i`m swaping trannys…i need manual AWD parts…got any up for sale sir??? =P

[/quote]

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand my sister makes a post

god, shes such a turbo dsm humper

[quote=“Anonymity,post:35,topic:26592"”]

looks good, you need new tires…(well at least a rt front)

[/quote]

It must be the mud stuck in them. My work has a gravel parking lot in one area and it gets dirty…but they have about 80% left on them. My rears are at about 65% left but I rotated them a few weeks back.
(EDIT) unless you are talking about the tan car…wich has already been taken care of with a new set of tires for winter drifting. But the Rota Slips are going on that chassis for summer crusing.

HRK, I haven’t gotten back to your sister because I am not so sure how much, if any awd parts will remain as I will need the vast majority for my own purposes.

nice, have any spare dsm wheels?

[quote=“Jskrapper,post:33,topic:26592"”]

[/quote]

I just realized that you cleaned up the firewall a bunch…it looks really good especially the passenger side!

[quote=“Anonymity,post:38,topic:26592"”]

nice, have any spare dsm wheels?

[/quote]

I do!! 17" stock Talon swirlies if your interested.