Going to NYC for first time this weekend

Hey guys I’m leaving Buffalo for NYC on Friday and am staying for the weekend. I’ve never been there so I’m anxious to see everything.

Any suggestions on something I should make sure I see? Any bars or resturants I wouldn’t want to miss?

We are staying in the Bronx, but we will have a weekend pass for the subway so we will heading down to Manhattan as well

Thanks

go see how shitty coney island is.
get ready for some bums.
deff go to china town.
go to central park.
go to the zoo.
go see harlem.
go to greenwich.

Go to Manhattan and look up. Go to the Empire State Building and look down.

nuff.

I brought my girlfriend at the time to:http://www.topoftherocknyc.com/

Was AMAZING at night and a pretty cool tour.

Go to Grimaldi’s in Brooklyn for Pizza. It is right under the Brooklyn bridge. Take the subway there, eat, walk the bridge back into Manhattan.

do the grey line red bus tour, best $80 ive ever spent

$2 Bud pounders on the Staten Island Ferry…

Statue of liberty is booked through november, probably december by now.

One time when I went I asked when we were going to china town, supposedly we had already. its just a big flea market with chinese people. not what I expected.

Are you driving, flying, or taking a bus/train?

Diriving… road trip. GPS says just under 7 hours… doing the speed limit at least

+1

Bring $$$$ and a good amount of it. Check out Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Yankee Stadium. The bus tours are always nice. Ohh and bring a camera cause I’m sure you’ll take alot of pics

Go to the museums.

Bang a street walker.

yankee stadium would be sweet. Especially this weekend since they host Boston. Tickets would be outrageous tho

no reason to do the speed limit. you can make it in 5-6 hours if you follow traffic.

I make it to Wayne NJ in 4.5 hours, which is about an hour faster than google says.

good info everyone,im probably going in 2 weeks as well.

Upwards of $300 for a decent seat. I went the first weekend in August while the Red Sox were in town and our seats were $180 a piece, first row second level behind first base. We got the tickets for free from my aunt who has season tickets, you add on another $100 to the $180 if you were to buy them at the door.

Also check out Ground Zero, its a weird feeling that there isn’t much there, and also head over to Chinatown to see some sights

McSorleys bar on the lower east side, and carmines on broadway and 90th something st(bring at least 4 people)

There was not much to Ground Zero when I went, they had everything fenced off, all you could see was through a small crack in the fences at a corner.

But I went for my first time last month, we did alot of walking and alot of subway riding. Parties in Brooklyn are solid, we went to Bay Ridge (Plush Lounge, Pour House, etc). But if you’re staying in the Bronx don’t get too bombed, late night subway ride had my buddy sick from drinking for the first time ever!

Famiglia Pizza (near NYU, 8th street area) has a solid lineup, Lombardi’s (top rated in Little Italy) wasn’t anything special, but just have fun checking out all the scenery, and if you like people watching this will be the best trip ever for you.

Go to china town and go in the basements for the purses.
Ride the subway at night drunk.
Go see a broadway show, I liked Wicked, twas awesome.
Oh and when in China Town get a rub down for $10.