Good Car For Racing

for 5 grand you wont get a fast one i dont think, the newer ones are pretty quick. nothing special, but decent.

6k not 5

lol hey i did 2 out of those 3 in my GN!!!

but i agree, they are very strong motors.

I am NOT a fan of newer transams. 79 to 89 i like. Theres a few 88 formulas in the paper for like 3k. would it be a good idea or not?

they are decently quick for a beginner car.

You will not like working on them, they are cramped in the engine bay.

I recommended a mustang because everyone has one… which makes the parts really really cheap. If you want to go fast you are going to break stuff along the way… with a mustang, they are easy to work on, cheap to rebuild, and just about everyone I know has seen under the hood of one, worked on one, or had a couple/

the thing is its hard to find a mustang thats not modded and has less than 100k…which sounds like what he wants…

yea … because dohc 2.4l engines designed for GREAT low end power and only needing forged pistons , a full port job , piggy back fuel control and a turbo kit is an engine thats pointless for a car guy

but its not a jdm seal killer engine, so its not cool

lets remember his budget … 6k is hardly enough to buy a nice 240 and do a stock jdm engine swap and then your just hopin shit dont break cause otherwise your out of money

lets try and keep the suggestions to jehicals and parts that are available and plentiful in the states … no japan deliveries

my current favorite idea for a straight line racer is an early 80’s REGAL …

turbocharged small block chevy
turbo350 tranny w/ better internals
traction bars ( the ones that modify the 4 link mounts on the axle)
and some good ear tires …

the cars and the parts are just as plentiful as mustang / camaor parts, the car can be just as fast as a stang / camaro, and its DIFFERENT

start off w/ a black regal and black out the grill and trim and it looks alot like a buick t-type …

Gustav, IM me on aim @ the screenname below if ya have any questions about anything to do w/ cars … im always happy to shoot the shit w/ people

:lol: never said you couldnt kill them.

But u said no matter what u do to them…he he…just buy a 5.00000000000

I was just thinking, is there a nice car that can be modded to go pretty fast for about 4 or 5 grand before mods? because like i said im not gonna race as soon as i get it. maybe i will but probably not so ill have time to make more money and get mods later.

1. Do people not realize this kid is still in highschool and this will be his first fast car? Why are people suggesting engine swaps and shit? He said fast and cheap. If he doesnt even know what engine to swap into a civic he is either going to take forever to get it done and never have the car to drive, or he is going to pay someone else to do it so it will cost a lot of money.

2. Notice he wants to drag race and stoplight race? Why are people suggesting all these fwd cars? In this type of of racing RWD>FWD

3. Like everyone said foxbody stang is your best bet. But you will have a hard time finding one that doesnt have something done to it. Your best bet is to try to find one with minimum mods and either get rid of them and do your own thing, or keep them if you like them.

4. Also if you like LT1 style fbody’s they can be found relatively cheap and can be made pretty fast realitively cheap.

It’d look more like a GN than a t-type… minus ghey hoodscoop

Why is everyone saying its hard to find a stock 5.0??? Its not hard… but its much cheaper to pick up a stang with mods than it is without… you take a huge hit selling a modded car… sometimes for less than what its worth stock.

lol why the hell would he buy a regal and put a turboed chevy motor in it, when he could buy a gn for 5-6k and be done with it???

actually they made black ttypes

so they would look the same.

and its not a hood scoop, its just a bump.
geeez

I didn’t know the t-types were blacked out though… grill and such.

if your shit ran… i might be more familiar with them :wink:

Buy a Z24.

For 6K you can do plenty.

lol hahaha

Don from mufflerman is coming over and helping me change my head gaskets!!!
gunna be soon i hope

yes my fathers ttype is blacked out, only the bumpers are chrome

the limited’s are the ones with all chrome, granny turn lamps, column shift, bench seats.

Theres also the WE4 ttype, which is ultra rare, only 1547 made, they look like a gn with the exception of the interior color, bumper braces and wheels.

he said he had 5-6k to spend at first, then down the road he could upgrade

wow i guess its difficult to put two and two together :gotme:

5-6k gets him a S14 240sx to learn on and drive around… which still looks decent

then down the road when he wants to upgrade and has made some more money he can work on the KA if he was so inclined or swap in a sr20det

or for fucks sake he could get a cheap ass S13 between 1-2k and swap it right off the bat for 6k

maybe he doesnt want to drive a regal?! :wtf:

I’m a big fan of how regals look like gangstah cars and how much that would be awesome in combination with my look :slight_smile: (I am not a thug which is why it makes me so happy thinking of driving it with hydraulics) but as I look at more pictures of regals i start to think wow I dont want one.

he asked and i told