Got a New Subaru Yesterday!

I totally like these … however they are around $150 a piece on ebay. And they are all used. I have never bought used rims but I would be worried about getting one that could be bent.

FYI as far as modifications voiding warranty. It voids the immediate parts that were removed, changed, or modified. It CAN also void the warranty if it can be PROVEN that the modified parts caused the part to fail. There is a law on that as a matter of fact I just dont feel like digging it up again.

Think of it this way. I change the cat back, and my alternator fails. The alternator is still covered by the warranty, since A: its not the cat back which I changed and B: the two are not in any way shape of form associated to one another.

BUT! Suspension is a tough one, since it has many associated components that work together. Example; you put coilovers on the car and the ride height is 3 inches lower. You will loose the following immediately: Strut, springs, perch and bushings, retaining nuts, and anything you took off, reused or replace when you installed the coil overs. AND, there is a damn good chance the following wont be covered, in the order of most likely to unlikely but still maybe: Ball joint, tie rod ends, swaybar end links, swaybar bushings, tires, wheel bearings. If those fail, the dealer and the manufacturer must prove that they failed as a result of the modifications on the car.

Not pulling this out of my ass example: My 2005 Jeep, purchased new. I put a lift kit and bigger tires on it, like just about every jeep owner does. My lower balljoints went bad up front. They denied the coverage at first. I let them go for another month since they wernt that bad. Then a recall for them was issues because they didnt put a heat shield on them and the brake rotor caused some to melt and leak grease, they replaced them all and added the heat shields. BUT if they failed again I wasnt going to be covered.

Also blew a CV joint, and that I knew wasnt going to be covered, since the lift stressed the cv more from the increased angle. Luckly I kept the entire stock strut assembly and swapped the stock back in, brought it down and got it replaced for free. then put the lift back in! lol Shoulda saw the wicked rake I had when I brought it back with just the lift in the rear! haha

ANYWAYS. Welcome to shift and congrats on the graduation and the car. I like where you head is, you know its not yours and was a gift and you dont want to fuck with it. Thats VERY respectable. Look up 2.7heaven and find some posts about him and his daddys S4 they gave him. Then notice he isnt around here anymore, but still trolls here and probably wishes he was a douchbag now. DONT BE LIKE HIM. Drive it to work, pay your bills, move out and get a life. Be, like it seems like you already are, greatfull for what your parents did for you… everyone here will respect that much more than someone pimping out a gift from mom and dad!

One of the more insightful posts I have read on this forum yet. +1 rep. I would be worried about struts, mounting hardware, the rubber boots that hold the springs in, tie rods, ball joints, and camber adjustment issues with the warranty and coilovers. In addition, my Grand Prix was lowered and I was not a fan of using my front bumper as a plow when driving through some extremely wintery conditions this last ski season.

(I actually graduate next year but thanks anways…)

For the grille I am looking to pick up a can or two of plasti-dip in the next few days. I just don’t have the money or energy to run around and get quotes for painting the fog housings the stock color. The wheels are going to be decided soon after.

Yeahhhh you will find that I tend to put a lot of “thought” into my posts around here.

My buddy said he is going to start a petition to get me a character limit on my account! hahaha

And dude you will LOVE that car in the winter. JUST as it is. With good snows they are 4 wheeled snowmobiles! BEST EVAR!

That was pretty much the point. I had snows on my pontiac and it never gave me problems, even with a blizzard and a state of emergency on the roads.

I went skiing 33 times last season so I am looking forward to this one.

With snows I am expecting this thing to be unstoppable.

Looks like a very very nice daily, glad to see you are appreciating it. Congrats!

Tinted windows are for black/ugly people.

and cobalts are for teh gehys :gay2

dude didn’t you have tints on the cobalt? :rofl

Yea and it was dope, but not worth getting pulled over when you’re trying to roll around with the DBV plugged in!

word, i need to get a power converter thing for my jumpoffs

Sears auto center, yo.

This will make my 5 hr drive back to buffalo interesting :rofl

:lol :lol :lol