Got a ticket for doing 80 in a 65... when the cruise was at 70.

Request the records for the speed-gun. Find out when it was calibrated last. IIRC these things need to be calibrated regularly. Try googleing “avoiding a speeding ticket” or something for more info.

I got pulled over going 98 on the Island…
Trooper came to my window immediately tearing me a new one.
Not to say it’s right, but I pulled that, if it helps, I apologize, and my dad is a police officer thing.
Went on to say that I shouldn’t be such an asshole knowing that I’ll probably get out of things, to put my seat belt on, and try my hardest to do the speed limit back to my house.

Thank you dad.

Edit: My car is a piece of shit by the way. In no means was this to be trying to brag or say anything at all, just trying to get home and had the misfortune of getting yanked, and show the benefits of being in the family of a cop.

my speedometer is originally like 5-7 mph off with stock tires/rims on my integra(GPS)

For the record, I KNOW my RPM’s are going to be around 3750 when I’m doing 80. It was only around 3300 RPM. 3250 is right at 70. So 71-72 is what I had it set at. I’ve had 4 of these things and been driving them since 2003. I know I wasn’t speeding. That’s not to account for the fact the 93-94 Probe/MX-6 trannies rev higher in 5th at highway speeds because they’re geared a bit shorter. But that’s nerdy stuff. I appreciate all the advice.