Got Hit Last Night - Help Catch This Guy

Glad you’re OK. Hopefully this guy gets caught and gets some sort of attempted manslaughter type charge.

The rest of you riders take note: This is why you don’t go for a cruise in the middle of the night. Bikes are hard enough to be seen on in the daylight. Add darkness and that most drinking and driving happens after the sun goes down and it’s just not worth it. This is also why you don’t mod your safety equipment (lights) to be smaller and harder to see, even if it looks cool in a parking lot.

Preaching over.

Sucks man. As shitty as it is, even if they found a car that had red paint and matches this, you won’t be able to prove who was riding to get any major charges brought. Glad you were wearing gear and made it through ok. Pretty scary stuff.

The blue HIDs will hopefully narrow it down. What a fucking asshole - you could have very easily been killed.

+1 for wearing your gear. I respect the hell out of bikers who ride ATGATT. Here’s to a speedy recovery, man.

Just a thought here but if this happened on the 90, couldn’t you try using the thruway cams to help find this guy?

Those thruway webcams aren’t going to see much at night. The police can access the cams at the toll booths, which are way better quality, but chances are this guy got off before the toll. Shitty but chances are the driver will never be caught.

In b4 Corasanti defense.

Glad you’re ok and hope they catch the shitbag.

Noted. Good luck man. Be safe

i work out that way ill keep a look out

i keep checking this waiting for someone to spot this asshole

its bound to happen sooner or later,right?

Glad to hear you are ok, I had a similar thing happen to me about 5 years ago but at a lower speed, was out of work for 2 months with leg and arm injuries. Never found the driver, I wasnt even fully aware of what had happened for a while afterwards.

The rest of you riders take note: This is why you don’t go for a cruise in the middle of the night. Bikes are hard enough to be seen on in the daylight. Add darkness and that most drinking and driving happens after the sun goes down and it’s just not worth it. This is also why you don’t mod your safety equipment (lights) to be smaller and harder to see, even if it looks cool in a parking lot.

Well, I did have a fender eliminator installed, but it was high quality and i still had proper lighting and reflectors. In fact I think everything was brighter than stock with the LED lights.

Yea, riding at night was a mistake. But there’s too many what-ifs that couldve ,made the situation better or worse.

The rest of you riders take note: there are cars on the streets that can hit you. Best to leave your bike in the garage.

WTT: Blue hids for your stock lights. Needed ASAP.

I lol’d

Quick, someone call the police! :roll2:

I’ve seen a silver impreza with blue lights on the 90 multiple times doing asshole lane changes and used the shoulder once to pass… no spoiler on the trunk.

It’s crazy how different motorcycle accidents can be. He hit me going 100 or better and all I got was a sore body and road rash on my lower back. I don’t know how that happened, but I’m thankful for it. I’ll post some pictures later and describe how he hit me. But you’ll see it’s crazy I’m in one piece. I should at least be missing a leg.

You didn’t have time to tense up or panic.

Glad you made it out alive.

That usually just applies to car accidents. Bike accidents are either you die or you get really, really lucky.

I can speak from past experiance having destroyed 3 street bikes. None at speeds under 80. Proper gear helps immensely. Knowing how to “crash” helps a lot as well. Luck probably was in there too. But I’m a firm believer that gear saves lives. That’s why they make all those things that make “us” look foolish. Majority of the deaths are from lack of protection.

Op did your head hit the ground at all? If so can you post a pic of your lid? Also of your gear too if it’s thrashed?