Got pulled over by Supercop.

So I was traveling home from Suny Potsdam (my gf goes there) and I was cruising down 28 when my radar detector went off. So I set my cruise control at 55mph, the speed limit. About 35 seconds later, I see a cop pass me. No big deal… To me. So he hits his brakes and flips a U-turn. Now I’m like “WTF mate?”
He flips his lights on, and signals for me to pull over. So I did.

Cop: Do you know why I’m pulling you over?
Me: No, I honestly don’t.
Cop: Well, I saw that you have no front plate on the vehicle… And I’m assuming you don’t know you were speeding?
Me: No… I had my cruise control set to 55mph.
Cop: Well you were going 57mph.
Me: I thought the speed limit was 55mph, I’m sorry, I didn’t see it drop down.
Cop: No, the limit is 55mph. But you were still speeding.
Me: I’m sorry officer, but do you think the fact I was going downhill after a long uphill may have contributed to that extra TWO miles per hour?
Cop: It really does not matter, you were speeding, you need to accept that. I also see you have a radar detector, I saw that from almost a mile away from you. Why do you have that?
Me: As far as I knew, it’s not illegal to have one. I don’t think I need to justify my reasoning on having it.
Cop: Well you obviously got it because you like to speed.
Me: So now you’re profiling me because of a radar detector, officer?
Cop: No, but we all know what a radar detector means.
Me: Yes, we do. It’s so we can tell if a radar signal is being given off.
Cop: You know as well as I do that it’s for speeders to get away with shit.
Me: That’s neither here nor there sir.
Cop: You also hit the brakes as I passed you, so you’re trying to tell me you weren’t speeding? Why did you hit your brakes, son?
Me: To make sure you didn’t give me a ticket for 58 in a 55, sir.
Cop: Yea, right. I’ll be back.

TWENTY minutes pass.

Cop: Here’s your ticket for 57 in a 55. I’m not going to write you one for the front plate. Stop speeding through my state, you put not only your life, but others’ at risk. Have a good day.

Needless to say, I’m fucking pissed. I would scan a copy of the ticket, but it’s already on my lawyer’s desk.

HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHA

sorry man thats just funny. i feel like any judge is just going to give the cop a dirty look and write you off with nothing or next to nothing.

i HATE cops with something to prove.

Wow…57. Slow the fuck down bro, youre gonna kill someone!!!

dont worry about it

what car were u driving?

fuck cops who act like that

they wonder why we all hate them

its all good man, 57 on 55 isnt gonna hold anything that serious when your lawyer gets on it

oh and was this in the LGT?

its like that jay z song 99 problems lol cept your not black and didnt have your cap turned back but haha hes like

“pulled u over for doin a 55 on a 54” LOL this is nearly that bad

and ya with the radar profiling GTFO of here !!!

He must of really had nothing better to do in order for him to give you a BS ticket like that. That sucks man. Hopefully the judge will just drop it.

lolllllll “we’ll see how smart you are when the K 9 comes”

:rofl

I knew money was tight within government agencies but DAMN!

if it doesnt get dropped with little to no arguing then this country is seriously fucked

Dude that is hilarious.

should have shot him in the face and drove away. He deserves it.

wow. DUMB.

Should have it hidden like I’ve done on mine.

The reason I didn’t want to get another detector before my v1 is because I knew from talking many cops and personal experiences that if you get pulled over with one, you’re not getting away without a ticket.

The cop had nothing better to do it seems though, that is a bs ticket if I ever saw one.

I’m actually very surprised he didn’t write you for the plate.

Oh and :rofl @ your responses.

Should have it hidden like I’ve done on mine.

The reason I didn’t want to get another detector before my v1 is because I knew from talking many cops and personal experiences that if you get pulled over with one, you’re not getting away without a ticket.

The cop had nothing better to do it seems though, that is a bs ticket if I ever saw one.

I’m actually very surprised he didn’t write you for the plate.

Oh and :rofl @ your responses.

oh and local cop i assume?

dude thats bs… NY cops suck ass… oh well i got pulled over for not having a front plate the day before i moved back to fla and as the cop approached my car i saw him realize that i had an out of state take and when he got up to my window… sorry sir did not realize you had an out of state tag… have a nice day. LOL

I was in the LGT. I don’t wanna give out too much info involving the cop until it’s 100% taken care off. My lawyer says it’ll be no issue, and barely any work involved.

3 point violation if it doesnt get dropped, thats a lot of points for 2 mph over the speedlimit. And if it was in some backwoods county theres a good chance the judge isnt going to take your side and will make you take the hit on it.