Got Pulled Over in Peel As Part of a Street Racing Crackdown

I was going 60 in a 60, granny shifting, not double clutching like I should. Officer thought I must have been associated with Torreto, and did some time for boosting cars. Did an immediate uturn and got me before I got on the highway. Asked for the usual and I came back clean. I asked what the problem was and he power tripped me. So I popped the hood and he didn’t know what the fuck to look for. Ask me to go lock to lock and I didn’t because he wouldn’t have been able to tell what lock to lock on a regular car was, let along one with modified steering angle. Horn button check, seatbelt, waste of my time check.

“So why was I pulled over. You ran my plates in a parking lot, followed me, and pulled me over when I wasn’t doing anything wrong. I was just eating a sub.”
“you look like you might be involved in street racing. I am looking for cars like yours.”

I just left it at that and parted ways after. No tickets, just a heads up. You can’t eat a sub and granny shift without this shit going down in peel.

Yeh seriously what was this cops problem, was only a couple over nighters. No big deal.

He wasn’t from Canada. Another fresh cop trying to make a name for himself was the impression I got. He wasn’t a complete asshole as far as Peel goes, an it could have been a lot worse for sure. I wasn’t rude to him, I was just straight forward and confident, and I don’t think he was ready for it. I don’t even know where the fuck I got the balls to stand up to an officer like I did looking back on it. I guess I am just sick of Peel at this point.

“Pop your hood”
“No, you’re not MTO. You’re not qualified to look under there.”

that like going to a black guy and saying “you might be involved in criminal activities, im looking for people like you”…not fucking cool!

Yeah haha, I made a similar analogy. I actually mentioned to my passenger this: An officer can’t pull over a black person and say, “I’m looking for people that look like drug dealers” because that would be discriminatory and racist without merit. Of course right after I said, “but they will find another reason to justify it.” in my case, he used my exhaust as that crutch. “your exhaust is huge, I could pull you over for that alone and give you a ticket”.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha good one there feint lol lol lol

Wow, thats some retarded bullshit. I saw you drive by Ridgeway on Dundas last night while I was on my way to Tims.

its a fine line, cops don’t like to meet people who are smarter than them… typically, from personal experience.

no deal peel man! thats why i try to stay in lil etobicoke

u now haz epicz baller status with the fuzz.

LMAO

sucks but… at least it wasnt a ticket!

good story too :slight_smile:

Cops always use the exhaust as an excuse to pull you over. I had a Durham cop do thE same thing and after checking the ebrake signals etc he got on the ground and insisted I didn’t have a cat, I had to get out and point it out to him. After that he said word for word, “I can’t let you leave hear without a ticket”. Ended up getting an improper muffler ticket that got thrown out of court.

Something needs to be done about these losers… seriously… The three stupid tickets I got a while back also got thrown out and I quote “We won’t waste your time sir” from the prosecutor. Fucken douchebag cops… go fight real crime dumbasses.

This isnt new, i get pulled over for some of the most ridiculous reason like “You looked young, so i had to pull you over” It gets boring but fun to tell the stories after.

I got pulled over by MTO with a hollow cat, and a straight pipe and they let me go like i was 100% legit :smiley:

Try pulling your camera out and setting it on your dash board next time you get pulled over.

Did the cop even know that the dvd players were purchased legally?

This just in we had to run for Mexico to get Dom…

were you in the Subaru that went by after I got pulled over? That is exactly where it went down.

I agree, especially if you are younger.

That’s why the west end meets are in Etobicoke!

You are lucky. He is specifically running up and down looking for street racers, so this is going to be an everyday thing for locals I guess. We all know modified car=street racing every time you drive

I did but he came up to my car again and started his inspection by the time I thought about it.

I don’t think he even knew how to hook one up, in all honesty. Besides, the thefts went down in black Civics anyway. I can’t run away from the cops without VTEC.

Yes.

There’s no way you pay for all that shit you got under the hood by doin tune ups, and sellin groceries. I want in.

this reminds me of a cop that pulled me over in the black grand prix and first of all i know it was 2am.
Cop came to my window and asked me for my ownership, license and insurance and it was my girls car who she was with me but i straight away said that no " meaning im not handing you anything " until you tell me what i did wrong for you to pull me over

i said no about 2 or 3 times and then i said fine and i gave it to him and then he came back and said ok you good to go so then im like so what was the problem and he’s like oh i gotta pull over ppl cause i just gotta check up so im like thats not a good reason and i told him up straight that if i didn’t do anything wrong then non of you cops should pull me over cause i’ll give all ya’ll shyt “actually said that” then he started saying well my boss also says that he should pull over ppl and check everything out.

moral is i’ll give all these cops shyt just like the this one as he got scared and was all nice and yea i kinda felt sorry about talking to him like the way i did but i think if you quite then the cops will act all big and bad and pounce on you.

it’s all about image not reason. they’re not gonna pull you over for doing something illegal, they’re gonna pull you over regardless if your car looks like its been modded.
i’ve ran into a couple of cops at stop signs etc. who payed little to no attention to me and proceeded to mind their own business. its the very few instances like this that make me still believe that there are cops out there worrying about bigger things than pulling a car with a loud muffler over.