gt3071r .82 a/r

So a friend is selling this turbo and since my current turbo blew I need another one and I was thinking of this but every where I read about the GT30R(which I believe is this right?) everyone is using the .63 a/r turbo . How much of a lag am I going to have if I were to go to this turbo? Is it going to be insane or within reason? I really dont want a turbo that hit full boost(18-22psi) at like 4500+ rpm.

Would this turbo be any good for me taking the above point about full boost into consideration?

forgot to mention this is for a ka24de with ross 8.5:1 pistons, eagle rods s13 cams and stock intake with a top mount log mani with a 38mm tial wg and a synapse bov.

You looking at 3800-4500 full spool up depending on how well the install and support parts are.

ya :smiley: I just found out the turbo is actually a 3076R .82 a/r not the 71 :D. my friend was hitting 15psi at 4k on a stock sr. I figure i should improve on that a bit with the KA.

15psi @ 4k… on a 3076… thats downright AMAZING… so amazing its unbelievable… should be around that mark on a KA though…

Hang on to those rods… LOL :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:stuck_out_tongue: considering it was a stock sr with its shitty flowing head I think its pretty amazing :D. on a bigger displacement and better flowing head I am pretty sure it be earlier…not by much but earlier.

In my opinion thats a big turbo. Mostly used for drag racing. Its going to be laggy even on a 2.4. Id say youll see full boost at 4K if you are lucky.