GTA Nissan Forum?

A club like that already exist but it’s based out of USA but it does have canadian members. http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/ they have forums for every nissan model etc. I used to be a part of this club for 2 years and I have now gaven up on it now because it’s not a community!
They hardly ever have meets, and no one in there knows each other by name or has even seen one another, it has become a E-club , a nissan club that only exists on the net. I don’t think we want that here. I think most of us would agree with me on this but we don’t want a club that only exists on the net we want a real physical club that exists here in south western ontario, a club where members actually know each other my name and by face, we want a club that actually has real meets, a club that hosts events, a club that unites us all together to participate in things or to even help out one another with anything from repairs to advice etc. a club that brings us together and makes us teamates and friends. I think what im saying is that we are happy with our community and just like most things in life it may not be perfect sometimes but we are happy the way things are and they will only get better. and like I said before I don’t agree with merging but I don’t have a problem with having meets together with other Nissan clubs once in a while… That’s my 2 cents :smiley: .

that layout was just to show an idea of how things could be broken down. there definately would be other forums where all members would mix and mingle. there would be a more generalized for sale forum, off topic, nissan discussion, meets, pictures & videos, site feedback, automotive discussion, etc., etc.

you want exactly what i and others want too. that’s my intention for this forum. to unite all the nissan enthusiasts in our region on one board. like i’ve continuously stated, we won’t abandon our existing groups. in the distant future people may choose to only frequent one board though.

I see a section for 240 z’s but will there be one for us 240SX owners?

i had zx on the brain… :oops: .
we’ll see about those sx guys :wink:

having already thought of this at length there are a few things that we should talk about in person.

each club should be able to maintain there current identity and so i disagree with the forum lay out but not entirely.

we should get together in the spring and talk about this more…

discussing a matter like this is not something that should be done over a forum or over msn… it is a face-to-face thing.

I think it’d be cool if the big forum is made, but all the other ones remained as well, and the big one had links to all the little ones and vice-versa. I mean, there is the extra cost… but in terms of the benefits we’d be getting them all without losing our identity.

i dont think it would work, we already have enough crap in the forum we dont need to add more by merging.
It would pretty much just be NICO with alot less members.
Go ahead and make a gta nissan forum tho, it might work out… :?

The way your post sounded, I thought the intention was to merge the
board.

A new general forum would be alright, but to be honest there are already
enough large forums for Nissans.

FreshAlloy, NICO, NWN, etc.

Most people use these clubs to get information, whereas they use a place
like SON to meet local enthusiasts.

I already frequent many forums, and maybe I am playing devil’s advocate
but I don’t really see any benefit that would come from it other than
organizing larger events.

don’t u mean EXACTLY like freshalloy? i hope if this idea works, there will be no hardheads. Or someone asking an honest question without being told to use the search button ALL the time. and… who will bepaying for the bandwidth and site fees?

i’ll be working with a member of tmec to develop a more elaborate layout of the board for now. once that’s accomplished i will unveil the mock site to my club, you guys and the sentra club. this may be ready as soon as next week.
i do agree with you though, we should get members from each club together to provide input for the site to be beneficial for each club.

One of the reasons for this site would be to provide the same info and community as the already established nissan forums have. But it would be much better for us imo because it would be essentially local to all users. If someone wants to have an all Nissan meet in the GTA they can organize on this site. If you want to have a meet strictly for the 240 club you’d set it up here.
I really do believe it would be much better received amongst the smaller groups of nissan enthusiasts in the GTA because they don’t have their own local forum like tmec, son240sx and gtasentra.

my goal for this site is for it to be heavily, yet, fairly moderated to make sure that any ignorant users are immediately warned and or suspended from the site. the site will feature a search function and i hope members will decide to use it. if someone really doesn’t know how to use the site because they’re new to the forum, i’d expect more experienced members to explain things to them before they decide to flame noobs. there’ll always be people who deserve to be flamed but i just want to make sure that things don’t get out of hand and make sure that no one feels uncomfortable asking questions.
as for the cost of operations, i’ll likely incure them until the site is built up enough where i feel its fair to require that members pay an annual membership fee.

wouldn’t that be ‘SON’ again? :stuck_out_tongue:

LoL… Considering that SON stands for souther ontario… I don’t see how that’s a problem.
I dunno, I see this new board as a great thing. More room for me to post whore :smiley: The only bad thing imo is gonna be the “Which is better?” threads. I mean, we already have the hatch vs coupe, S13 vs S14, SR vs KA-T, DOHC vs SOHC, coilovers vs shocks & springs. When you throw in maximas, sentras and Z’s, I only see more of these threads occuring.

it would be SONNIS

i think that sounds pretty sick

yo you goin to the sonnis meet tonight guy?

yo bbqomgwtf you know it!

PLEASE keep it 240sx only its way better that way imo

sounds alright for some, but I honestly can say after 4 years with an S13 I have NO interest in essentially any other Nissan platform, (except a mild one for the heavy Z platform, we won’t mention R platform). As well I would hate to tredge through useless crap (to me) on buy/sell/tech pages for pertanent info. May be interesting, from a safe (guest) distance, but honeslty, I can’t stand most nissan drivers (I’m an asshole too), and don’t even get me started on SE-R’s.

Having driven the SE-R Spec V, I have the following things to say about it:
It’s not gonna win any beauty contests for sure, the looks do nothing for me.
The interior is okay… but still pretty weak compared to some other cars in its class.
The 6 spd gearbox felt really weird at first, but I think I’d get used to it after awhile.

After all those downfalls, I seriously wanted to buy this car. The QR25DE has BALLS, and that thing HAULS. Handling was pretty damn good too, and the seats were good sports seats. For what it costs, that car cannot be beat. 21 MSRP man… I argued it down to 22K with the brembo package! What the hell car can compete with that? Civic SiR? I haven’t driven it, but I’ve been in one, it can’t stand up to the QR25, it also costs a bunch more. Corolla XRS, I LOVE Toyota, but their pricing is just plain brutal, way too expensive. The Lancer is just garbage, and no domestics are worth mentioning. For all the SRT-4 fans out there, I’m pretty sure I can throw a turbo on the Spec V for the difference in price, and molest every one of them. And it won’t break after 10,000km.
Spec V is an amazing car, it was the ONLY real competiton to the 240 when I was looking to buy a car. (I looked at one FC as well, but I was never serious about it)

Sentras are built in Mexico. 'nuff said.