GTO > Saturn Vue

Yes, I know, big deal, but since I don’t street race I almost never get kills plus this was rather amusing.

I take N. Forest home every night and where it crosses Millersport it goes from 2 lanes to 1 about 100 yards past Millersport. The right lane is not a turn only lane despite the fact that it ends not long after the intersection. If there are just a few cars waiting I’ll wait in the left lane allowing people to use the right on red in the right lane. If I see a huge line though I know that the light is about to change and I’ll often line up on the right and simply take the first person off the line and merge. I do this for several reason; not wanting to wait through a cycle of the light, for the fun of it, but mostly because if there are 15 cars it’s pretty much a guarantee that one of the drivers will be incapable of taking the S-Curve before Klein at anything more than 15mph. That is not the kind of aggravation I need after an 8 hour day at work.

In any event, I notice the Vue driver is giving me the look. That, “You don’t appear to be turning right you fucking asshole” look. The light turns green and his big block V6 almost spins the front tires as he presses against the steering wheel for what I can only think is some imaginary aerodynamic advantage. I mean while slowly let out the clutch while debating if I should simply tuck in behind him letting the poor Saturn guy have this one little nugget of a victory in his life or if I should simply roll on the throttle and take him down. I’m honestly thinking about how his life probably sucks considering he’s trying to race in a Vue, and that this little victory would probably make his year. Regardless, I shift to 2nd at about 10mph to avoid any wheelspin and smoothly stand on it, easily making up the 2 car lengths I gave him while solving the moral dilemma of performing the automotive equilivant of clubbing a baby seal.

I turned at Klein and as he continued past I couldn’t help but notice his racing pose was gone, replaced by a slumped shoulder crushed spirit driving stance that almost made me feel bad. Almost. :slight_smile:

thats awesome. good move man.

Soul-crushing defeats are always the best ones.

:tup:

gtos layin the smackdown in 07 :slight_smile:

“the moral dilemma of performing the automotive equilivant of clubbing a baby seal”

LOL nice write up

[quote=“JayS”"]

I shift to 2nd at about 10mph to avoid any wheelspin and smoothly stand on it, easily making up the 2 car lengths I gave him while solving the moral dilemma of performing the automotive equilivant of clubbing a baby seal. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Quality :tup:

[quote=“bladez,post:5,topic:25566"”]

gtos layin the smackdown in 07 :slight_smile:

[/quote]

:word: although technically you beat a honda engine so I call BS, hondas never lose

[quote=“Joe,post:8,topic:25566"”]

:word: although technically you beat a honda engine so I call BS, hondas never lose

[/quote]

It didn’t have VTEC badging. It never stood a chance.

Hahaha, nice writeup…

If it had the honda 6 it would actually move pretty well.

I do the same, but have never been challanged to a race while being in the right lane yet lol

Good story!

Entertaining but…STOP EMBARRASSING OTHER GTO OWNERS! You and Mike post victories that are equivalent to a 7th grader beating up a 2nd grader. Now go out and pick on someone your own size and post the kill. You need to repent for picking on slow cars especially in the winter! :wink:

all this story needed was some T&A and it would be a hit.

The writing > the kill story. :tup:

Setting a good example for 2007

X…

Glad everyone enjoyed it. Like I said, I’m not a street racer. Even if I was, a mile from APD headquarters in a residential 35mph zone certainly wouldn’t be my venue.

For real runs against me you can come to an autocross, track day, or setup a meet at NYI. Legal racing > *.

lol

Great story! :lol:

My GP will be out next week :slight_smile:

[quote=“JayS”"]

I notice the Vue driver is giving me the look. That, “You don’t appear to be turning right you fucking asshole” look. The light turns green and his big block V6 almost spins the front tires as he presses against the steering wheel for what I can only think is some imaginary aerodynamic advantage. I mean while slowly let out the clutch while debating if I should simply tuck in behind him letting the poor Saturn guy have this one little nugget of a victory in his life or if I should simply roll on the throttle and take him down. I’m honestly thinking about how his life probably sucks considering he’s trying to race in a Vue, and that this little victory would probably make his year. Regardless, I shift to 2nd at about 10mph to avoid any wheelspin and smoothly stand on it, easily making up the 2 car lengths I gave him while solving the moral dilemma of performing the automotive equilivant of clubbing a baby seal.

I turned at Klein and as he continued past I couldn’t help but notice his racing pose was gone, replaced by a slumped shoulder crushed spirit driving stance that almost made me feel bad. Almost. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

best part of story.