Gun permits?

WRONG, you are much better off with the average Joe that lives next door to you instead of 2-3 cops trust me on this one

well i may be wrong, but it didnt hurt me getting mine.

any more info. anyone applied lately and how long did it take.

Anyone looking to take this class one saturday with me??
I think I am goingt o go on lunch and get the book.

I just got my permit. It only took 3 months from the time I handed all my paperwork in. Goin out looking for a gun toniight

anything special about your permit?? any reason why your wait time was so short? that was quick

Just turned mine in today. Go to buffalo gun center to take the course, best way to do it. They have all the paper work and crap there for you, same prices at most places around $100 bills. Then get references. You need 4, just make sure at least 2 live in your town that you do.(office told me that today). Then all you take a $100 postal money order(can’t be from a bank, has to be from post office) down to the permit office with paper work. While you ar there its another $10 for the pics and finger printing. They take the pics there and send you down the road for the prints. Sit back and wait 6-8 months at the mommeny. If you have a disorderly conduct make sure you put it on, even if its for something stupid like pissing on a tree like mine was. Its not criminal, but if it comes up and you don’t disclose it, they reject you right there. let me know if you have any questions.

i am going to be getting mine.

[quote=“oldford,post:24,topic:19955"”]

I just got my permit. It only took 3 months from the time I handed all my paperwork in. Goin out looking for a gun toniight

[/quote]

3 months in erie county???

fuck that would suck since i had to wait almost a year, lol

[quote=“BuickGN,post:28,topic:19955"”]

[/quote]

thats what Im saying

just courious why do you want to carry? have you found any purpose for carrying now? and to let you know you can not take your permit of carring outside ny and you can not carry in the city unless you actually live there or the gun is registered under your badge aswell

[quote=“BuickGN,post:28,topic:19955"”]

[/quote]

well i waited 17 months in Niagara county (when i lived there) but i got a full concealed carry.:headbang: :shoot:

[quote=“sickmach,post:30,topic:19955"”]

just courious why do you want to carry? have you found any purpose for carrying now? and to let you know you can not take your permit of carring outside ny and you can not carry in the city unless you actually live there or the gun is registered under your badge aswell

[/quote]

You can carry outside of NY if you have a special permit. Extremely hard to get, but a member of my family has it. It pretty much allows you to carry anywhere on the east coast.

As far as length of time it takes to get the permit it all depends on the town you apply in. Your local police dept does the investigation and if say you live in Holland chances are your going to be getting your permit alot sooner than someone living in the City of Buffalo. For classes check Craigs list. I got mine through a guy advertising on there for like $30. Real cool but dont remember his name. Maybe Dave or something.

[quote=“sickmach,post:30,topic:19955"”]

and to let you know you can not take your permit of carring outside ny

[/quote]

false.

isnt a ERIE county permit only for ERIE county??? :gotme:

[quote=“j_espo1,post:34,topic:19955"”]

false.

[/quote]

if you have a NYS pistol permit, you cannot take your pistol to another state unless you have a permit in that state.

[quote=“dreid,post:35,topic:19955"”]

isnt a ERIE county permit only for ERIE county??? :gotme:

[/quote]

no all of NY except the city

I’ve owned my permit 16 years, just applied for a carriers permit 5 weeks ago. Havent heard anything yet. When I first applied, it took 7 months before I got it.

[quote=“BuickGN,post:36,topic:19955"”]

if you have a NYS pistol permit, you cannot take your pistol to another state unless you have a permit in that state.

[/quote]

Thank you for correcting shithead that knows nothing about that.

The only way you can carry in the city is if you live in the city then you can roam nys free.

and the key word there was “SPECIAL” NOT nys pistol permit.

[quote=“dozr,post:32,topic:19955"”]

You can carry outside of NY if you have a special permit. Extremely hard to get, but a member of my family has it. It pretty much allows you to carry anywhere on the east coast.

[/quote]

and the key word there was “SPECIAL” NOT nys pistol permit.

[quote=“BuickGN,post:36,topic:19955"”]

[/quote]

Thank you for correcting shithead that knows nothing about that.

The only way you can carry in the city is if you live in the city then you can roam nys free.