halp!

okay i know everyones insurance has different policies but i want to get some general facts about my situation.
so someone decided to make a huge dent on my pass. door while i was gone.
and my question is if i have a police report and i file a claim to my insurance company as hit and run, would my premium go up?

it sounds like a stupid question but i dont want to just call the insurance company and have them question me about everything.

any ideas?

depends on ins company sometimes for dent removal its easier just to pay for it as most copays are more than actual repair

i was originally planning on picking up another door and paint it but im too lazy to go through all that process. and i have no space/idea how to perform a “stock looking” paintjob :lol

is the paint fucked or no ,what kinda car is it

the paint on the car is perfect except some clearcoat fade on the roof. 2g dsm

pull the door panel wit window up push the dent out carefully ,do it inside so the paint is warm so ya dont crack it or flake it off

I bet your deductible > the bill from Dent Wizard.

i was told that if the damages are over $1000… then your premium will go up with your next renewal, dont waste your time with the police…they dont want to deal with it and it really wont make a difference becasue you dont have anyone to put the blame on…

haha…your shit may be totalled from the dent!!!

'Tis true. NY’s threshold is 75%. Adjusters use their own systems, so any value numbers you find from NADA or KBB are worthless. Any repair cost over that will total it out. If the car is worth 3500, then 2625 is the magic number. Then your deductible is subtracted from that. But, even if such happens, you may be able to negotiate for a settlement just under the threshold and apply that + some of your own cash to cover it. Geico will bend like that. Keep in mind, dent repair isn’t in the vocabulary of many adjusters either. It’s replace with new or “competitive” part only (by competitive that means Keystone, LKQ, or junk yard part).

Do you even have collision? I ask because many companies do not cover hit and runs under liability if there is no other insurance company to collect damages from.

As a comparison, we had a 98 GSX come in recently with deer damage. Nothing serious, just hood damage really. The adjuster wrote the value as 2500 and when all was said and done with the numbers, it was totaled out.

yeah my deductible is 500 bucks and yes i have collision
but comon…totalled for a door? i doubt it
i had rear quarter panel damage from some old guy pinning me at walmart and it was worse than the door problem right now and the other insurance company gave me something like 1500 bucks and got it over with. i never fixed that quarter panel either ;D just took the check and :banana

If you can, drive around tomorrow and get quotes from at least 2 or 3 body shops, this way you have an idea if it’s worth pursuing. Just keep in mind that the estimates you get will probably be more than an insurance estimate, since most shops negotiate a lower labor rate with insurance companies.

It is silly, the way they crunch their numbers. Working in a body shop though, I’ve seen plenty of cars with minor damage get totaled out and vice versa-I’ve seen cars with massive damage value enough to be repaired. Good example-over the summer one of our guys botched up a simple lock out on an 07 Odyssey. Scuffed up the trim molding in the door. No damage to the door paint. Just that little minor thing cost $750 when all was said and done.