Who Knows Insurance

Hey, I’m just wondering wat insurance will do.

I had my car parked on the road last night, and when I went out to warm it up this mourning I realized Someone had hit my car in the rear left quarter and smashed the fender in past and against my wheel. The car isnt driveable without ripping my tire to shreds.

What do you think insurance will do, Will they take my car? :frowning:

Shitty, good luck with the claim.

whats your deductible?
Estimated repair costs?
Effect on insurance (if they cover it)?

These are some of the things I would consider.

pay your deductible. even if you have liablily only!!!

they ll fix it for sure… and your primium wont go up since its your first non at fault accident / damage. they covers it up to 2 or 3 times.

just call your broker :smiley:

If you don’t know about insurance, please don’t misguide people who are looking for help - it causes myths and people get outrages ideas, in addition, if it doesn’t work out in their favour based on inaccurate advice, they think they’re ‘getting screwed.’

Consider whether or not you can fix the damage yourself. If you can afford to fix the damage yourself and incur all the costs (towing + fixing), then there’s no need to put in a claim. If you do need to put in claim, then contact your broker and advise them. OR, if you’re insured with a company that uses call centres instead of brokers…well, good luck with that.

Assuming you have comprehensive coverage, this ‘hit-and-run’ should likely fall under comprehensive. Making this claim will likely increase your premium at renewal. Find out how much your deductible is as it will help you determine your decision based on what you can afford. If it costs $500 to fix (and you can afford to fix it yourself) and your deductible is $500, it would not make sense to put in a claim.

ic so i guess hit and run doesnt fall under non at falut claim eh? 180 my bad for wront info. i thought hit and run falls under non at falut lol.

So, im just going to pay for it myselfm i dont wana risk it through insurance

You can always just call them and ask. They wont be assholes. Its not like you did anything wrong. Just ask if they will cover it, if your premium will increase, or anything else you want to know.

Just cause you call them doesn’t mean you want them to fix it.

look for witnesses? ask your neighbors. I have been victim of hit and run before, but someone got the dude’s license plate.

^ Lucky motha fucka lol,i cant afford raised insurance, so ill be paying for it

I’ve learned from dealing with insurance, its usually best to not involve them unless it’s really necessary. Take the hit, park your car in the driveway next time.

^ word, hopefully it will be fixed before next week, im going to have gay ass sunk wheels though :frowning:

Well said Sam.

+1 for someone who knows their insurance and is always willing to help a brother out.