halsted communication a home service for direct tv

is one of the most outragous companys i have ever worked for. in september i fell off a roof spranging my knee. i was given a saliva drug test at the office. well today my ladder kicked out on my way down a roof. i suffered a mild cancussion and was taken to the hospital by ambulance(iam ok a little beaten up) well at 430 pm i was called and notified that i was terminated from the company saying i tested postive for cocaine back in spetember. if anyone knows me they know i am not a druggie and i have never done cocaine in my life. i dont associate with people who do cocaine either. this is offensive and imo a deprevation of my character. this is the second time i have been fired and i was illegally fired the first time because my gas card got stolen and they wanted me to pay for a new one.

dude wtf !!! thats non sense. im pretty sure i would get a lawyer for this one.

EDIT: for some reason Kevin posted on my name. Damn I need to remember to log out.

wtf bro. you should definately pursue this…

I have no idea what the company policies are, or the statutes for the drug testing, but that seems beyond excessive.

Those tests arent worth shit and should be ILLEGAL

http://www.stardetox.com/false-positive.html

Legal Info:

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=529685

wow that is fucking bullshit, call up a lawyer.

Whats wrong with coke?

That sucks though…im sure you have some legal grounds…If you tested positive in September they should have taken care of the issue then not now.

ouch. definitely lawyer up. maybe they don’t like puerto ricans?

sounds like you need to keep your feet on solid ground…get back into zee auto sector.

the custom title all makes sense now…

[quote=“2TurboZ,post:8,topic:38430"”]

the custom title all makes sense now…

[/quote]

hah. Zing!

i sell it dont use it god how do u make profits using your own products. well the things i threaten to sue for to get my job back the first time are now going to be used. they have fired 27 techs this week i am banning all these techs together and calling the media. this is ludacris i have never been so offended and outraged. i told them if they want there van they are not to step foot on my property with out the sheriffs department here. i really did not need this i have 2 tickets comikng up and i bought a new car last night

ny is fire at will. doesnt matter, get better with latters btw or get a new job

i assure all i will ruin this company they mistreat and underpay there employees

and to think i almost applied there.

Sorry to hear that, I would get a lawyer asap. They can fire you for no reason at all, as stated above termination is at will of the employer.

Either way you def won’t get your job back (not that you’d want to go back), but you could probably take them to court for pain and suffering on the knee, and todays incident. Defamation (is what you were looking for Joe) is also something you could try to sue for but I doubt it would go over, as they say thats really hard to prove.

Wiki:
The term defamation of character is often used to describe accusations of slander, libel or both. Slander involves verbal derogatory statements, while libel involves written ones. In a court of law, the plaintiff pursuing the lawsuit would charge defamation of character to cover any form of false or damaging allegations.

Defamation of character is notoriously difficult to prove in court, although the actual effects can be quite evident and damaging. If a disgruntled customer of a restaurant tells numerous people that the head chef has AIDS, for example, sales for that restaurant could fall and the employee might lose his job or find it difficult to work. Because the customer’s slanderous statement concerns a specific person and an unproven accusation, the chef may have a legitimate case of defamation of character.

FYI this same thing just happened to me, I had considered switching companies so I went and took the Test( I havnt touched any drugs in over 18 months) I also tested positive for cocaine. I have been doing alot of research in the past few weeks, there are a few things that will create a positive result for various drugs.

[quote=“zwarbyt,post:11,topic:38430"”]

ny is fire at will. doesnt matter, get better with latters btw or get a new job

[/quote]

Get better at spelling…it’s amazing you have a job.

LADDERS :picard:

[quote=“AfXtc777,post:15,topic:38430"”]

FYI this same thing just happened to me, I had considered switching companies so I went and took the Test( I havnt touched any drugs in over 18 months) I also tested positive for cocaine. I have been doing alot of research in the past few weeks, there are a few things that will create a positive result for various drugs.

[/quote]

i dont take perscription drugs i dont believe in any drugs including advil or tylenol. and suffering a mild concussion i could use some. the point is theyare lying they also said they wont show me the test results. iam still going to pay for a drug test tomorrow.

maybe the plastic collection cup you pee’d into was made in China and turns into cocaine when wet?

[quote=“9c1ny,post:18,topic:38430"”]

maybe the plastic collection cup you pee’d into was made in China and turns into cocaine when wet?

[/quote]

lollllerrrrrr

Joe that blows though, sadly it will likely cost you a lot in attorney fees to get anything out of this, as mentioned NYS is employment at will. If this company is really that shady, do they even have enough money to make it worth it to sue them ?

Dude at least your ok and not injured more then you could possibly be. Definately puruse this further because that is complete bullshit.