hand brake question

ok, i pull up on an uphill driveway yesterday and pull the hand brake, right away the car starts rolling back… so i try it on a flat surface and noticed my hand brake pulled all the way to the end, and now it seems as if theres no tight grip on the brakes anymore. i go home and checked the rear end and there was this funky smell… :? anyone know what the problem could be? brake line punctured? leakage? or maybe just tighten the hand brake…

From what I know: check your rear pads, brake fluid level for anything…has your e-brake cable slowly gotten worse to this point or a sudden problem? If there is NO grip, cable might be seized somewhere or broken. If there is a bit and the e-brake handle just goes high, try tightening.

But as far as the smell…could you have accidentally left the e-brake on and burnt out the pads by any chance?

i know for sure i didnt keep the e-brake on when driving. brake fluid is fine and i dont see any leaks… it probably just needs tightening.

Adjust the tensioner.

Your line is most likely broken. It goes from the handle and splits into two lines above the driveshaft. Take a peek and see which side is broken.

The part is ~$100 (per side) from Nissan, and it takes 15 mins to change