Having problems w/ new HP laptop...*HELP*

Ok

I just picked up a HP Pavilion DV250 and have a USB720 VZW modem. I downloaded all drivers and program correctly, program opens,when USB is plug in it powers up correctly, hit connect and it says access denied. I called verizon they said everything is fine on their end, they said it might be the firewall not allowing it to connect. We even went through an activation to make sure the USB drive works correctly.

Any ideas???

maybe the modem itself?
did the right information go into the modem? (is that how they work?)
id call verizon and just chew their ear off and see where that gets you.

How can they tell it’s all good on their end if you’re not connecting?
Might be a bum modem though that’s pretty rare.

You’re using USB rather than Ethernet to connect?

Yeah its a laptop so he’s using a portable usb modem.

No there on an aircard works on the other comp not on the new one.

HUH?
OP said he has “USB720”
It’s a USB EVDO modem.

You probably have Vista.

Are you using the VZAccess software?

Did you not plug the card in until it told you to?

Yes we have Vista.

VZAccess software: Yes

We put the card in and went to sign on, it connected for like 5 minutes and came up with an error 25, went to sign on again and it said access denied error 5…

And guys…I’m a she not a he… :lol:

everything worked correct … with the VZAccess all drivers installed correct (well you would think they did )

when you set it up we did everthing correct … the usb powers up correct … the phone # shows up on the VZAccess and you hit connect and it says “access denied” but nothing else like not :your out of network" or anything crazy so the VZW guy thought it was a firewall block from vista but there is nothing on unless there is something going on that i dont know

good thing is its a new laptop so i can just wipe it all out and start new . im going to go to a VZW store and ask for a real VZaccess disk

OR if anyone know where online to DL the full program I think this is where the problem is

your going to hate vista forever, just find some xp drivers and enjoy smoothe non resources pig operation.

I will love vista if we can get the internet to work…

Also I will add our best friend bought the same laptop at the same time she put her aircard in and installed the same program we did and hers works just fine ( we did nothing diff then what she did)

so we know it works on this system

I WILL BUY ANYONE A 6PACK OF BEER ,THEIR CHOICE TO COME AND FIX IT (or we could meet up and do it for 3 beers)

OR if you wanted something else let me know

Try this:

Create a Dial up networking connection, using whatever com port the USB modem is on.

username : xxxxxxxxxx@vzw3g.com
password : vzw

Dial : #777

the “xxxxxxxxxx” is the number of your device.

Try that.

just use any user name?? we dont have one

No, your modem actually has a number attached to it. Check your bill.

xxxxxxxxxx would be for example : 716-867-1234

well so far it was something wrong with the program … we DL the new one and it installed correct … last time i had to move the drivers over by hand … ( this could have been the problem)

bitch fixed it

thanks howie for the help

i’m the shit…all fixed…thanks for all the help…

oh and babe…i’ll have a 4 pack of sparks for all my troubles!!

lol “bitch fixed it”