Head Gasket replacement

I need to replace the head gasket on my boat, what Im wondering is if there is a need to use any type of sealer or anything like that on the gasket??

or do i just leave it as is??

thank Jerry

Not that I would have the answer but you might want to add more detail on the motor and such.

[quote=“SVT3945"”]

I need to replace the head gasket on my boat, what Im wondering is if there is a need to use any type of sealer or anything like that on the gasket??

or do i just leave it as is??

thank Jerry

[/quote]

HOLY CRAP! You are alive!! :headbang:

generally no…the gasket is the sealing component…but some like to add a bit of RTV to keep it in place

Do not put RTV on a head gasket

brain fart…I was thinking valve cover gasket on the RTV part

[quote=“JUICEDSS,post:3,topic:26177"”]

[/quote]

Thats what I came in here to say :headbang:

is it a 350 merc cruiser?

some people will use copper spray and spray a couple light coats on the gasket. I have used it only once when assembling a block/head because the block I was using had the most chewed up cylinders I have ever seen on the top of the shortblock. I honestly didn’t think this motor would hold compression at all and only had 1 day before auto-x started. Low and behold it’s still holding strong (although I wasn’t expecting it to do so). In general I try to stay away from the copper spray because its messy as hell come rebuild time when you gotta get all the old shit off.

[quote=“JUICEDSS,post:3,topic:26177"”]

[/quote]

HAHAAHA i thought the same thing :wiggle:

Im still alive you basturds !!!

someone find me a replacement head for my boat that cost less then $800