HEADS UP NEW INSPECTION RULE

some places have coupons. Tops on Robinson has Firestone inspection coupons on the back of the reciept. $10 off.

i wonder how sticky the new stickers will be…haha cause im not passing NYInspection anytime soon

I just wait till it changes color then I get a new sticker.

so is there a penalty for being past this 10 day mark besides them pulling ur sticker off if its overdue lie they did anyway

i dont think there is any way you can complain about a specific date, but the strict laws on obd2 cars is gay

hey if your good at scraping stickers…go to a junk yard and youll have plenty of 06 sitckers to choose from…haha

the trick is to use a heat gun/mini butane torch with a fresh razor blade and take ur time…you will get perfect looking stickers all the time…

I started in May and due to creative use of the above process am now due in October. I will get reinspected this year on November 1st. I am virtually certain the PRNY changed the rules to recoup the loss of 1/12 of the inspection fees, not for the convenience of shop owners.

:word:

at least they arent printing the vin or pate numbers on them yet

god NY is retarded… it just makes me laugh sometimes.

anyway, so whats the news on penalties for being late? shit, I might just say fuck it and register my mustang in another state at this rate. (not really for this so much as the OBDII… but still makes me want to give my $$$ to other states before my own greedy state). in ten years, NY is going to be filled with only VERY poor and/or VERY stupid people

You got it right. We (NY) will be left with people on welfare, a few rich people, and a middle class that consists almost exclusively of people with government jobs. Taxes on the rest of us left (the stupid ones) will be astronomical. The trend is clear. While the term is usually applied to fucked up countries like Uganda, NYS is a “failed state”. Ever notice that most of the new construction around here is government buildings?

“the trick is to use a heat gun/mini butane torch with a fresh razor blade and take ur time…you will get perfect looking stickers all the time…”

Your sticker is tied to your registration, thats why they scan them in, soon your registration will not be allowed to be renewed until you get an inspection.
i don’t get my inspection done in the month its due, so a specific date will be just as important to me.

In years past, vehicles in NYMA (NY Metro Area) that had to go on the sniffer had printed out stickers that showed the experation date down to the day, as opposed to the upstate safety ones that just have the hole punched in the month. So its not too new.

Agreed, and how is it any harder or “more gay”. You have a date, you know when it’s coming, it’s a year from last time. I don’t see how that’s so hard to figure out and keep track of.

114 days till the glen opens :slight_smile:

Yeah, they had this on the news before. Their main intention I guess is to reduce the number of drivers that wait unit the last minute o get their car inspected:ohnoes: which I admit I am one of those people that wait unit the last moment;)

I am glad all I own is ODBI By the time I own anything with ODBII I’ll probably be rich and not live in NY.

is there a penalty for say- if your inspection is due in january, if you wait until february- is there a fine?

there is if u get pulled over