hedges removed-- ok to delete

not really sold… just job is finished.

I just bought a house and there are like 5-7 orginal hedges that I want gone.
If anyone is looking for a quick side job to make some cash let me know before i call some companies and get quotes.

Just a heads up, mine came out like nothing using my 4wd. Put a tow strap around them, hooked to the truck, pretty much just the force from putting it in gear and not touching the gas was enough to pull them out.

That works most of the time. I’ve removed several trees and large bushes that way.

I’ve also struggled with some though. If you grab too low on the trunk, it won’t budge. Grab too high and it snaps in half, leaving you with just a stump.

How nice of a job are you shooting for? If there is room for my truck to maneuver I could swing by, pull them and leave them where they are, or I could remove them and bring them with me, depending on the size.

Just know, my truck weighs over 8,000 lbs and if the ground is moist, it will leave ruts, and if the ground is dry and the bush is stubborn, I will dig 4 nice spots in your yard. This aopplys to anyone pulling bushes though.

I was going to do that with my suv but after gutting a house and turning it around in 3 weeks, im beat. worked 9 hr days at work then right to the house till 1-2am. plus i dont want to put the stress on my truck.

I just want them gone so i can have a blank slate. I have a big front yard and can get at them from all angles. The house is in cheektowaga built in 1960, near geo. urban and dick rd

how large are the hedges?

any chance you have pics for reference?

Im located very close

no pics with me… they are maybe 3’ height and 3-4’ wide if that. Standard polish edge up cut hedges…lol Ill try and snap a pic when i get home. If you know diane dr at all, thats what mine are like, standard at almost every house on that street

Those are generally not too big of a problem. I’ve removed a couple dozen of them.

When you put the 4" strap (not a chain) on the bush, make sure it can tighten on itself and make sure you are about 1/2 way up the bush. Too low and that thing won’t budge.

Your other option is to take a 4’ 4"x4" post (or larger) and stand it up next to the bush with a chain on top of it. Run that chain to the base of the bush, and the other end to your truck. As you pull the chain it will push down on the post and pull up on the bush, lifting it straight up. Thats the cleanest way of doing it, but balancing the post and the chain by yourself is difficult.

So are you looking for removal too? I think the town will pick them up if you leave them at the curb.

pm me an offer, my father is a foreman with over 20 years of experience, he always can use the extra cash.

they really arent that bad, this is a good easy job for someone to pickup.

:tup: I’ve done this several times with bushes, and fence posts.

bushes in question… is this a $20-30 quick job to pull and no haul away?

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e252/speedracer18t/1243947340.jpg

I have a place where you can get rid of them if need be.Either G.I. or Gasport if either location helps ya.No charge of course

20 bucks will barely cover gas money and lunch :lol:

hey just putting it out there. of course ill be out there working also. just trying to get a ball park because extra cash in someone pocket is extra cash they didnt have :slight_smile:

Just cut them off at the ground

+1 On don’t use a chain. I had to replace the rear window on a bronco years ago doing this

pm me where abouts i might be able to help you.

I removed shrubs(ewe) just like that and THEY WERE A BITCH.
I could not believe how hard it was.
Trailer hitch was attached to the bumper and the bumper was destroyed by the time I was done (7 ewes). Used bumper = $50. Cheapest way to do it. lol

So all those in front have to go?