help dsm guys

ok, im gonna install a universal slim cooling fan. havent picked it up yet, but here is the question: im only putting in 1 fan(a/c has been eliminated, so i im nots gonna need 2) noticed on the oem plugs 4wires. How do i go about adapting to what im figuring is gonna be a 2 wire fan?

Before you get your heart set on using one fan, how big is your intercooler?

You may want to reconsider.

I will assume the new fan is a SPAL, so:

From SPAL Harness:
Yellow to 30a fuse to +12v Battery
Red to SPAL FAN Power
Orange to stock fan wire harness Blue
Gray to stock fan wire harness Yellow
(cut the wire harness from you old fan, leave the wire harness in the engine bay intact)

its the large greddy fmic , but i only had 1 working fan last year anyways, and never had a problem

I just have the 1 stock cooling fan and I have a large FMIC and I haven’t had a problem with cooling. Just as long as it’s like a 12 inch or bigger, I don’t think you’d have to worry.

As for the wiring, I don’t have a clue, sorry…

actually, if someone has a working drivers side fan i could buy that would prob. work for me. i just need to make some extra room on the pass side for IC piping.

If you are getting any generic fan, just make sure that it pushes lots of air. The more the better. The wiring I stated above will work the same, just the colors on the replacement fan wiring may be slightly different. Same concept though.

ok, the wires to the oem fan are GREEN, BLUE, BLACK AND YELLOW. the 2 wires to my new fan are BLUE AND BLACK. now from what i read in the haynes manual two of the wires are grounds, one is “HIGH” and the last is “LOW”. can anyone tell me what wires are what? rx3 are you working off of the lt side(a/c fan) in your upper description?

nevermind, swapped plug from other side. all done, thanks guys

:tup:

Sorry I didn’t see this sooner, but it looks like you figured it out :slight_smile: