Help~Engine Ticking BAD

2nd the valve lash @ 40K & its probably due - bring it to synapse :thumbup I don’t trust anyone else with my motor. fyi injectors can make a ticking sound too - with all your wiring issues it could be possible.

lifters & cam bearings lol…BTW leakdown (not compression) tests are the way to go to determine bent valves & if so how bad.

I beat the piss outta my k20 for a couple years & mis-shifted a couple times to over 9500 rpm(pushing the clutch back in just time) & never had a problem. You do want to make sure oil is full - in high G turns the pump can run dry if you don’t have a baffled pan and/or full oil, which can lead to the chain tensioner failing & losing tension can cause the chain to skip causing a “cam phase gap” CEL & possible bent valves - which probably is not your case.

how does the car idle? does it skip around (rpm wise)? or stay constant like it always has?

Big Red - sorry about the spun bearing - do you know anything about the history of the motor before Stallmer got it?

keep it out of a dealership they will rape the shit out of you & charge you for 1 thing you need & 10 you don’t