HELP ME FIND A MOTHERBOARD!!!!

but the mouse isn’t turning on either?

try swapping out power supplies if that’s the case. Sounds like it’s the culprit (but you never know).

is the video onboard?

honestly though, I really think the mobo is fucked

i do but i need a better power supply to power it so that really wont help

correct mouse does not turn on either and i have an on board video card yes

is this a custom build rig?

if so, what are you running on it hardware wise? also, what is the PSU youre running?

no not custom built, PSU is a bestec 300w

hmmm, yeah, I’d try swapping it out with another that you know works.

maybe the cables will run from your sisters without having to rip it apart? It’s worth a shot.

where did you get the computer from?

This is exactly what my machine was doing, it wouldnt POST with the “dead” drive attached. I don’t have a solution for you unfortunately. I was able to recover data off of it, and eventually it started working again.

I cant explain it, other than maybe the motor is dying. Surface scans came up clean, the only problem I could find was on the NTFS scan. Of course it didnt tell me what the problem was, just that one existed.

Here’s the way I think about it, if your starter stopped working on your car. You remove it, and test it. It doesnt work, and you let it sit for a few days. When you come back to it, it mysteriously works again…Are you going to put it back on your car, if a replacement only costs $50?

But the machine isn’t doing anything with the harddrive removed either…

Tunerfreak - Did you at least try what i said??? It only takes a second so its worth a shot. Does it make a Beep sound when you turn it on?

Seems to me he never actually tried that

So yea, try that if you havent…:smash2: on my part.

EDIT: Hiren’s 9.4

It will be a number of things at this point. I’m going to lean away from the power supply though in this case (Though it could easily be there there isn’t an easy way to tell in this case).

Easiest way to test the mobo, is to remove the CPU or RAM. Power it on and see if it beeps. (Just make sure the pc speaker is connected, or that it has a built-in one), if there is nothing disconnect additional devices to see if you can get anything. If it beeps that at least tells us the mobo may be working still, and getting power. If it’s not then it’s going to be either the mobo or power supply and to test further you would need to swap parts.

bought it at best buy about 2 years ago

removed the RAM and got no beep. tomorrow im going to order a power supply and see what happens.

yes i tried all suggestiong

i got my new PSU in today and put it in but still the same thing happens…

i can feel the CPU getting warm so i know that has to be getting power

Part of the mobo is toast.

ok so i go to order a replacement motherboard and…

http://parts.emachines.com/Moreinfo.asp?source=&CustomerID=2008313153650-74.78.208.245&StoreID=4&Product_Id=69291

its out of stock yay!!!

so now i need to find a different motherboard and i have no idea on how to tell what one will work with what i have.

specs:
650watt ATX12V V2.2 & EPS12V powersupply
24pin power connector
AMD Athlon x2 64 CPU - dont know pin count but its 2.2 ghz, 2 x 512kb L2 cache, 2000MHz system bus
PCI-E nvidia 3d card

i dont know what kind of connector i have for hard drive, and 2 cd drives cause i can never remember which on is which but the connector for the hard drive has 39pins. it is the kind of wiring that looks like one big wire. i think it is an Ultra ATA hard drive

ok so i guess they are IDE cables and this MOBO has a primary and a secondary one both were used

this should work ok for you as far as I can tell

edit: n/m, it only has one IDE channel

edit2: damn, can’t seem to find one with 2 IDE channels. I don’t think they make a lot of them these days since sata’s becoming the mainstream

http://cgi.ebay.com/GATEWAY-105553-GM5072-COMPUTER-MOTHERBOARD-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ260211343228QQihZ016QQcategoryZ1244QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

just found this on ebay. its $50 more than what PC Factory Outlet wants but it would probably be cheaper that buying a whole different MOBO cause then i have to get a new case, fans and probably a few more things

Is the I/O shield removable from the back of the gateway case?

If it is then you should be able to use any motherboard.

(I/O shield is the metal bezel that the motherboard’s inputs/outputs stick out from)

I wouldn’t put the money into buying another board,I’d part it out and buy another tower.

it appears as though as it is removable but im not sure how to get it out