Help my parents pick an SUV. (big pic)

Def the Nissan. Not even considering the Lexus RX350?

Tribeca!!

My mother has a Murano. I really like it. :gotme:

Why does it need to be an SUV? They’re really a bad decision in general.

I don’t get people.

yeah, does your mom think she’s a pimp or something?

Motor trend had good things to say about the maxima cvt

Unanimous, high marks went to the Nissan’s powertrain, too, its Xtronic CVT spurring immediate, seamless response from the gutsy V-6, with none of the wah-wah near redline that often plagues a four-cylinder when paired with a CVT. “From a start, wide-open throttle is impressive – just a constant whoosh of acceleration with no breaks for gear changes,” says Loh. Further, the CVT “works especially crisply in manual mode,” St. Antoine adds, “quickly shifting up or down through the ratios with a minimum of hiccup from the driveline.”

why rule it out for that? The Enclave/acadia is nice but kinda big imo

Because it has to be.
This isn’t a “hey, what is the smartest car my parents should get?” thread.

My dad and mom like suv’s. and where we live, we need awd. and most awd cars don’t have the room an suv has. they also cannot tow like an SUV can.
Granted this car wont be used to tow much, but in the occasion that we have to, we could.

My dad actually hates cars, he hates bending down to get in and he hates hitting his head on the roof. If he’s going to drop 45 grand, i’m not going to argue him into a car.

LOL. No?

I’m not really sure what to make of this comment. My bad on an opinion here?

Ontopic: I do like the car. When I blew up my civic I borrowed her car for a weekend trip to Toronto (lol). Super comfy. Lots of room. Smooth ride. Enough power to get out of it’s own way. Decent gas mileage. CVT was a bit odd at first though. Only complaint was cleaning it. Too many nooks and crannies, especially when the border puts a black lab through a car that has an all white interior. Ha.

Oh and it is great in the snow. It is defiantly woman proof.

Ok. If your mom is going to be pimping you out it might as well be in the gaudy Enclave.

It’s the Cher of automobiles.

http://www.orlandofloridaguide.com/jacksonville/concerts/Cher%201751a2.jpg
http://image.motortrend.com/f/auto-shows/buick-customizes-three-enclaves-for-2007-sema-show/7235907+w600+cr1+re0+ar1/buick-enclave-urban-ceo-edition-front.jpg

Well what about the RDX than as Rob stated. I believe it is not much smaller than the Nissan and that engine is awesome, gets up and goes for what it is. And I love the styling, should def. look into it.

What about the Mazda CX-7? They come in AWD. And they seem to be in the price range your parents want to spend.

eh, you can really tell the differences in the interior of a $30K suv compared to a $40K suv (as you should) My dad doesn’t really like the acura.

and red goober: are you jealous or something? I mean, fuck. I’m trying to help my parents out and make a good decision and the only thing I have gotten from you is my mom is trying to be a pimp… pimp =! murano/enclave

PM responded to

I thought I read on here that your uncle owns VWOP? Wouldn’t they be able to get a sweet hookup on a Toureg?

Tell them to keep the cars they have, they both suck.

X…

+1 thats a nice truck, under powered from what I have read but nice

eh they really don’t like the toureg. It’s still between an Enclave and Murano… i’ll post up later when they make a decision

used FX35 ftw

:picard:

I see it have been ruled out, my bad. Still <3 that car though.