HELP PLEASE REPLY

ok when i put the harrness on my motor i replaced the four injector plugs and mite have mixed up the wires on the plugs. you see the plugs have two wires a ground and power i think so do you know what would happen if you were to mix up the power and ground. someone told me it could make the injector pulse gas at the wrong time but i not sure.

Car? more deatils.

if your wiring is as good as your typing, you are doomed.

HAHA FUNNY

and its a rotary too… :frowning:

swapping the polarity wont cause them to pulse at the wrongt time because you cant open an injector without power, and the power only comes when the ecu says so (well, technicly, the ground only comes when the ecu says so. power is always there)

what is the car doing that makes you think the injectors are wired wrong ?

first step would be to obviously double check your wiring the best you can

and then probably be the screwdriver-to-the-ear trick to make sure the injectors are firing during cranking, just disable your fuel pump and drain the rail pressure first so the car doesnt fire up on ya

rotary edit: permanantly disable your fuel pump and drain the rail pressure first so the car doesnt fire up on ya, this will cause your car to never ever run, saving you thousands of dollars

ok its the 87 rx7 and the harness has four plugs for the injectors. each plug has two wires coming from them (i believe a power and a ground) and i was wondering if i did in fact mix up the two wires what symptoms there would be. i have been told that the injectors would pulse gas inconsistently or would they just not work at all. excuse my bad typing im in a hurry but if i could kindly get some knowledgeable insight that would be great.

rx7club.com

thanks for the input

noid lights

it doesn’t really matter whether its a rotary or not cuz i believe all car will have the same symptoms. the injectors are the similar design to normal cars ya know.

the car is getting way to much gas

Only problem is most cars engines dont self distruct with the slightest offset in fuel.

haha leave my rotary alone

ok HotRodKid thanks for the tip

Front primary: Brown andLight green
Front secondary: Brown/white and Light green/white

Rear Primary: Brown/Red and Light green/black
Rear Secondary: Brown/Yellow and Light green/red

thanks dude i was thinking about bringing the car into hybrid. it is so close to running. how much does something like this cost? i know this is kind of general but humor me. bye the way im the guy who bought matt’s audi. i talked to some guys about bringing the car in before.

well fig $50-$75 a hour and at least 2 hours :gotme: $100-$200

[quote=“2TurboZ,post:13,topic:36435"”]

Only problem is most cars engines dont self distruct with the slightest offset in fuel.

[/quote]

Dude i love rotaries. If they were around 10 years before the reciprocating motor you’d be seeing rotary powered camaros and reciprocating motor powered RX7’s. your oppinion would then be that recip engines blow and rotaries are the shit. Ya they are sensitive but far more durable then a piston motor. Oh ya more efficient too. Also (can’t find the site at the moment) A guy used one in an aircraft aplication. Lost all coolant 50 miles from the nearest runway. Engine overheated, did not seeze up and had enaugh powere to get him to an airport. a recip engine would have locked up faster then a nut full of locktite. Im just sayin. If rotaries had the same folowing as recip motors all of their short commings would have been pretty much worked out by now.

Rotaries are not more efficient than piston motors.