help with new iPod

just bought an iPod Photo last night. how do I add Artists through iTunes?

it’s on manual transfer, and I already have the mp3’s in the “my music” folder. I have it loaded on a work comp, and also on my home comp… it asks, “would you like to replace the music on your iPod with the music from the computer,” at which point I say “no.”

create a playlist maybe? but won’t that go under “playlists” and not artists?

artists are sorted by the Artist field in the tag of the mp3. you can’t create a folder for an artist. just make sure the tags are correct and the ipod will take care of it.

or you can make all the playlists you want and drag them over and play them via the playlists section as you mentioned.

i hope that is what you are asking, i am a bit confused

heh, so am I…

basically, I want to add songs with the artist/title/album tags intact. everytime I want to add to the iPod’s music collection, it asks if I want to “remove” the old songs from the iPod as my playlists are different (two different computers both loaded with iTunes.)

make sure both computers are set to manually manage songs/playlists?

I’ll give that a shot. actually it tells me that I need XP home sp2, but my design computer has no network card. I use either my net comp or I’ve tried it on the work comp too.

so - if I use manual control, if the songs are deleted from the “my music” folder on the comp, they will not be deleted from the ipod? or if one comp has music the other one doesn’t have, will it try and remove those songs?

i have no idea what you’re doing.

and xp sp2 is the devil

argh.

fucking crapple.