Help with S14 Wheel/Tire fitment

I’m hoping one of you s14 guys who are wheel/tire gurus (samson perhaps?? :slight_smile: ) can help me out here, I’m very very familiar with s14 fitments.

I just need to know if there are going to be any suspected fitment issues with the following setup:

18x8.5 +24mm all around

rear: 245/40/18
front: 235/40/18

not interested in fender rolling or pulling and not interested in running any sort of crazy camber, just stock settings type of thing but the car is lowered (nothing insane though) so camber should be a bit more negative than stock I imagine.

the car has coilovers

thanks ;]

john…hmmm my rear camber was -2.5 and i had my 17x9 +20 on 245 45 17
i had to roll a lil bit to clear it (it wuld scratch the edge on turns and bumps before) but i rolled it all flat anyways ahaha… so x8.5 +24 shuld give u more clearance (by like 10mm) then i had since urs dont stick out as much… is ur camber like -1.5? -2?

Its going to be tight without a bit of a roll. Its really hard to say without seeing how low the car is.

My recommendation is to go with it and worse case add some neg camber to make it fit.

rear: 245/40/18
front: 235/40/18
those tires are too tall for the car.

Actually the front tires are 0.5 to 1.2 inches too tall (depending if the car had 205/55/R16 or 195/60/R15 wheels and tires as stock).
The rears are also 0.8 to 1.5 inches too tall (depending on the stock wheels/tires).

The width of the wheels and the offset is actually good, they won’t stick out. Actually they’ll be sunken in a little bit depending on the camber.

As far as rubbing issues go, you probably won’t rub from the inside when you do a full lock from one side to the other, but you might rub on the top where the fender is (again that depends on how low the car is).
But I don’t think you’ll rub in the back unless the car is really low. Plus you’ll have some negative camber in the back as well.

Like KoukiS14 said, we need to know how low the car is. How much of a wheel gap you have right now and what wheels/offset/tires are on it.

hahaha john, you got yourself an s14???

Well I’m going to say pretty much the same thing as everyone else is saying. However, you might have a issue with coilover clearance with 8.5J +24.

Depending on the coilover and camber, it could fit. The less amt of camber you have, the higher chance it won’t rub the coilover.

Basically, 8.5J +24 is effectively 9J + 30 so that being said I don’t think you would have a rubbing issue unless you ran stock camber settings or lower. I’d assume you would run at least -1camber?

I ran 17x9 +19 with 235s on -2.5 camber in front and it was sunken in my eyes.

If you have at least 1.5"+ of wheel gap, I don’t think you would have a problem. That is also taking into account that dampening is not at its softest and the springs on the coils are not SOFT (preload included)

The rears will not rub 110% unless you ran +ve camber lol

awesome… thanks for the input boys… i really appreciate it. you guys rock

hmm

so Lith what sizes do you think might be more appropriate?

there arent many (meaning literally only one or two that I can get from my suppliers) 245/35/18 and 235/35/18 tires so the same sizes with a 35 profile is out of the question unfortunately.

it seems most common sizes in 17" diameter and larger are generally about an inch taller than our stock 240sx sizing… anything else puts a big hinder on tire options.

that’s definetely chubacca sunken battleship status right there
you know you can do better samson :stuck_out_tongue:

jk

Try 225/40/18 for the front or all around OR go with 235/40/18 in the rear. You are right 35 series in the 235/245 width will be hard to find.

They will be taller than stock wheels but most rim/tire combos are.

I run 225/40/18 on 8.5 front. I have also run 235/40/18 and they fit well.

Thanks John for posting this up for me… well actually guys the rim is for me… Im not sure to be honest with you what will fit on this car and I don’t want to roll any fenders …a small spacer with stock lugs is the most I would go… I hate to put John in a bind if I order something and the rims don’t fit…
so heres what I got…
im now thinking going 18 rears (255/35/18) and 17 front (235/40/17) will this work for my car…
set up is nothing crazy, coilovers with not a big drop… (1 1/2 to 1 3/4 drop… at most) Rims have a +24 offset and they are both x 9

will this work ? confused lol