hey

Evenin’. My name’s Matt and I’ll be purchasing my first car soon. I’m 17 and live in North Buffalo. I’m a personal friend of Andy (The_Russian), who I usually go out and play airsoft with.

My two options for purchase are a '00 Civic Dx or the '95 Integra Ls that’s up for sale on these boards. I’d prefer the Integra, but the milage is making me hesistant. Any thoughts on this matter would be appeciated.

It’s good to be here and I hope to give and recieve future advice on these boards. I’m glad I found a message board for this area.

Welcome to the boards of speed, bunch a great people here, just watch for mod warnings as im sure your used to.

welcome…you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders for 17 yo. you’ll do fine here

welcome :wave:

:wave:

hey welocome to the board :wave:

how do you like airsoft? have you played paintball before? how do they compare?

Welcome…

someone forgot to tell ya … imports are out. it’s only cool to be domestic now … or at least rear wheel drive with good HP

Welcome, and it would be wise to choose a car with a little under 100k miles unless the timing belt has been done already. If it’s a good car you can keep it through college without any major problems (hopefully). Just look for something that hasn’t been driven by a younger adult (35+ would be ideal) and you should have a car with a lot of life left.

Welcome aboard :tup:

welcome aboard

what are u looking to get from the car (whichever it ends up being). whats your future plans with it? or just a daily driver?

:wave: welcome…good luck on the search for a car, i’m sure you’ll find something good

Deuce: I played paintball for a year before airsoft. Ammo is cheaper for airsoft and the markers are modeled after real military market rifles and SMGs. It’s a lot more realistic than paintball. The guns also go a alot farther than paintball guns without adjusting the angle of your shot. You also turn a few heads when friends see a realistic Ar-15 sitting on your wall. The guns are more expensive, but they tend to be worth their price. Just watch out for some brands.

sprfreek: It’s not like I have the money to buy a better car (in terms of power) and my family has had bad experiences with Fords and Chevys. They could’ve been bad cars to begin with, but I’d rather not have an american for my first car. From every adult I’ve spoken to about my first car, they’ve all told me to get something japanese first. For the last 3 months I’ve been weeding through the dealerships and used cars for options and I’ve virtually narrowed it down to those two I listed. I’ve had a lot of time to think and I belive I’ve made good choices.

Adictd2b00st: Well, I’d start off with a head swap, along with the distributor, ECU, etc. I also plan to put in a turbo with all the necessary parts. It’s going to be my car for college so it’ll be my daily driver. Down the road, though, I have no other plans for it. It all just depends on how the next few years will be and the money I’ll be making durring college.

LOL…nobody told me…bah…i gotta get my mustang back :stuck_out_tongue:

i just got into airsoft and <3 the guns, play every weekend in roch but some people really like the military aspect, where as I just like gettng madd drunk and shooting my friends…

what about spending a lil more initially to get a gsr instead of the ls so you don’t have to bother messing with the head, and you’ll have better gearing in the tranny as well?

Well, I have yet to find a GSR. If i knew someone was selling one, I’d definatly be interested.

hello, welcome aboard :wave: