Hitachi 42" 1080 Plasma for 699 (with sears card)

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05775727000P?sid=I0084400010000100600&aff=Y

What do you think about this TV?

meh… no hd tuner.

Damn cheap though

pretty sure all Hitchi’s have internal tuners and are not monitors but actually TVs, I heart my 42HDX99, the power swivel comes in handy more than you would admit.

http://www.hitachi.us/Apps/hitachicom/content.jsp?page=products/plasma_tvs/details/P42H401.html&level=2&section=products&parent=plasma_tvs&nav=left&path=jsp/hitachi/forhome/ubcg/&nId=iD

well worth the price, but its by no means their best TV

If I wasn’t spending so much this month I would pick this up for my parents for christmas

Day/Night mode is a great feature which adjusts white levels depending on time a day, this issue fixes so much compared to have to do it yourself

its the crappy remote, big deal

the inputs are nice and convenient, and Hitachi’s use of the cable card, and integration is really good

Best TV deal I have came across all black friday… I might be in

There are tuners…

Movie buffs, sports fans and those waiting for a large screen high-definition television set with high-end performance that won’t break a budget will find Hitachi’s new 42-inch plasma HDTV the ideal viewing experience at a price you can not afford to ignore. With Hitachi’s roster of proprietary technologies, including ALiS™ that provides a seamless, film-like picture with more detail than ever before, Hitachi Plasmas re-define how form meets function.

* HD1080 High Definition Display
* 1280 x 1080 resolution (over 1.3 million pixels)
* Vertical line-for-line match with HDTV standard
* PictureMaster™ HD IV Video Processor (16-Bit)
* 281 Trillion Color Capability
* MPEG Noise Reduction
* Dynamic Contrast & Histogram Processing
* Day and Night Memory by Input with Timer10 Aspect Modes (4 HD, 6 SD)
* Natural Colour Anti-Reflective Glass Screen
* 3 x HDMI (v1.3) SimplayHD 1080p
* ATSC, NTSC and QAM Tuners
* Energy Star® Complian
* Black / Titanium Trim

Looks like a great tv and the price is awesome for a decent brand.

EDIT: CNET reviews seem pretty good but no official one that i saw at first glance. Mainly user reviews

I missed that… good deal then.

It wont let me add to the cart

Says it’s not available for purchase at this time… Maybe they are sold out?

When I first saw this thread and saw Hitachi all I thought of is a toy that should be in the NWS forum. Interesting to say the least.

they might have sold out.

I bought one, but havent decided if I am going to keep it or not once it comes in…

Was too good of a deal to pass up.

Dude, for the money, it looks like a good deal.

x…

sell it to me. i need one for the mans den.

Who cares if it doesn’t have a tuner? Dish/DirecTV HD receivers come with their own OTA HD tuner, and if you’re with Time Warner you get your local HD right from them.

I’m with 66impalass, I have a hitachi 42hdt79 with remote swivel base this tv is great. Hitachi makes some of the best hd tvs out there, great product support and good product in general. I’ve had mine for almost a year now and still love it to death. This is a great deal people don’t pass it up.

my dad bought this on sunday… but he had to wait till today to pick it up. def a good deal

Yeah that was one of the big promotions, I used to work there an if they cant order enough tv’s they always give you something comprable for the price. Last year the toshiba tv sold out that we had to substitute for the panasonic. so if you cant get it physically try to order it an pray that the orders cant be filled

I just found out that my Dad bought this one as well

this tv isn’t 1080p… they sucker so many people in with how they market it, this is 1280x1080 (useless)… real 1080p is 1920x1080… don’t waste your time, unless you just want 720p… then its an ok deal