Home in Wilson NY explodes

The ins co will also cover loss of use so all of their expenses due to an exploded house will be covered. I live less than 5 miles away and I had no clue it even happened…talk about oblivious

Insurance isn’t going to cover all the expenses this poor family is going to have.

Saw this on channel 4’s coverage:

“We were informed that there was a propane smell in the residence yesterday. So that’s something definitely they’re going to look at,” Filicetti (Niagara County Undersheriff) said.

Terrible reminder of how serious you have to treat gas/propane smells.

It is coverage d in their home owners policy. Lose of use covers any living expenses when your home becomes unlivable due to a covered peril. Since explosion is a covered peril all of their expenses will be paid

One of my parents friends got anew garage because of a bad 20# propane tank.
For some reason, he went into get the food and after he got inside, his tank exploded. Taking out most of his garage.

I think I would rather my kids suffer without a parent than have to suffer without one of my little people. I’m greedy :slight_smile:

No offense, but this is the most worthless post perhaps I’ve ever seen.

Aw that sucks…that you were listening to the Edge.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qL9GApZREHA/T9GO-_dR5aI/AAAAAAAAV6g/-rXzAhk1gKg/s400/allstate-dennis-haysbert.jpg

I hope they have insurance. Most people obviously do but…

That before/after comparison is insane. It looks like a nice newer house too.

House was less than 10 years old according to the news. Also saw that when they smelled propane in the house the day before this happened they put a call in to Noco for a service call. Noco’s response was “no comment, it’s under investigation”.

If you smell propane GTFO!

There is no other stations to listen to in the southern teir lol when I’m working :frowning:

iPod? CD? Tape Deck? Record Player? Whistling? all better alternatives lol

A guy from work knew the family. Said something like the mother woke up and started the shower. Hot water tank must have kicked on and boom.
Very Very Sad

:bigtup:

If there was a call to NOCO for a gas leak, I would think they would have to respond ASAP to something like that.

National Grid shows up immediately.

When I first moved in to my house, the water heater pilot wouldn’t stay lit… There’s a sensor that will trip if too much gas builds up and there’s not enough o2 present. That sensor got triggered and I didn’t know it… I called Reliable propane, and they were out the same day to fix it. I didn’t know what was wrong, I never had that problem before.

My basement is only 10’x8’… My basement would often times smell like propane. I could usually tell when the heater would go out, because the upstairs would start to smell like propane as well. I even made a thread in the homes sections asking for help, thinking it was a bad draft situation. It turned out it was actually the air intake was mostly clogged up… I ran a shop vac over it and it runs great now.
I’m willing to bet if they had a newer/higher model water heater they would still be around… The heater just shuts off if the fumes get too high. You can still relight it manually, but you’d have to be brain dead not to notice the propane smell, and it would go off right after you take your finger off the bleeder.

Lol your too much, gotta give me credit for being informed by the news?!?

Jesus christ dude, that’s insane. It has to be a fault in the propane system that triggered the explosion. One thing that bothers me is that they called to have it fixed, etc why would you continue to have the hot water tank on or whatever triggered the issue if it was leaking.

you’re*

Gennaro for NYSPEED grammar nazi! :slight_smile: