honda main bearings...

OK, so, I started my reassembly today, and taking the word of a trusted friend I had bought clevite bearings. They don’t clearance within the parameters specified for my block (GSR Block, crank, etc…) So I will now be going with what I wanted to do from the start and use honda bearings. I have set of green, Yellow, and 2 sets of black, I also have 1 set with no color on it, does anyone know what the part number for that would be? I looked on some of the parts sites and I see all the color coded part numbers, but not this one.

thank you in advance!

just get the code off the block and the code off the crank… match them up and it will tell you what main bearings you need

where is the code on the block? we looked but didn’t find anything, its supposed to be a 5 letter stamp right?

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

i got it, actually found a link that explains the whole thing…thank you :slight_smile:

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

i got it, actually found a link that explains the whole thing…thank you :slight_smile:

yep its pretty easy, pretty stupid to skimp out on bearings with honda motors when you can mix and match bearings to get exact clearances

+2 for honda bearings. So nice being able to get whatever clearance you desire.

how are you measuring the clearances?