Honda Ridgeline or Toyota Tacoma Double Cab?

horrible gas milage on the tundra, we used to take a new tundra to myrtle beach and tow a 18 foot enclosed aluminum trailer with 4 bikes in it and got 8 mpg… not sooo good haha

the new ones are comperable to the tacomas, and better mpg towing. my tacoma only got 7-8mpg towing an s2000 on a trailer. the new ones shut down half the cylinders for highway cruising and they get 20+

My dad has a new tundra and doesnt get anything near 20mpg towing or not towing (he tows a small bassboat) his is the 4.6 liter. He had a 5.7 liter one last year and it was worse.

my FJ cruiser got a consistent 13mpg towing my samurai buggy on a trailer. Same drivetrain as a taco, except mine is a 6spd manual which helps but also AWD which doesnt help.

The wheels/tires on your tacoma probably killed your towing mileage. when my FJ had 33s, I got around 10mpg towing

I won’t be towing anything more than 1 bike. And filling the bed with tires

correct.

my tundra (5.7L) got like 13mpg.

I’m assuming it’s a 5spd w/ 3.55s rear and bigger tires? Also at what speed are you getting that mpg?

He’s talking about a 94-98.5 actually so about 10k give or take for a nice clean one in really good condition with above modds if you can find one.

Yea five speed and thats highway speed

Tacoma w/ artici hilux conversion

I don’t want something that old

Understandable. If you can get past the fact of it being a dodge they are actually great trucks overall. You just have to keep and good supply of front end parts, hubs and the occational headlight switch. I had a 97 and kinda miss the comeapart rattle.

That’s not a Hilux conversion, it is a Hilux with the artic conversion

They make hilux conversions and then you buy the artic kit :skid

that truck is a hilux, it was on top gear.

i’ve never heard of a hilux conversion. the hilux is the overseas deisel tacoma

Jesus christ my '76 250 gets 14mpg!!!

NO, no it doesn’t. jussayin.

Its a front end conversion and then you buy the arctic over fenders. The conversion I saw done was big $$. Tacoma quad cab, hilux front end conversion , arctic kit and then motor was a trd supercharge 3ur-fe

Beast mode

Link? sounds sick

I saw it on some website like tacomaworld or something. I troll those websites cause a lot of those small Toyota pick up drivers use 1uz-fes in their off road builds and often find ways to supercharge them or manual swap them. So you can pick up some cool parts when one gets destroyed.

I think it was tacomaworld. They all had Hilux hard ons

starts off as a hilux, ends up still a hilux
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMyVU4yDXJM[/ame]

I was just in Australia, and now I traveled to Papua New Guinea. There are Hilux everywhere. Everything is a turbo diesel. The Landcruisers are king in Australia and they still sell the newer ones with the older style body. I wish the US could get these trucks they are awesome. I’ll try and grab a few pics, there are jacked up ones with all the accesories and winchs here where I am staying.