Honda trouble

Well i just got a civic bout 2 weeks ago. Its a 98hx body with a 99-00 si motor. I have the conversion harness. It used to be an automatic and now its a manual. It was running fine when i first got it except the check engine light was on. I know i still need to get the si harness on it which is in the mail. I just put a skunk 2 intake manifold on it and i had a new computer bought and i put it in chipped for what was done to my car. I think it runs to rich with the new computer cuz when i put it to the floor at no matter what rps it cuts right out. Well tonight on my way to work it kept reving to like 4.5 grand and then let off. It keeps doing. if i push the clutch in it keeps repeating this cycle. The throttle cable isnt stuck, can someone help me???

problems with ur throttle sound like the throttle position sensor is out of whack. erratic idle sounds like iacv though. idunno, sounds like u got something wrong installing IM.

u must start with pulling codes though. pull ALL codes and list them

I cant get the computer to hook up to get any code…

It ran good for a couple days with the new im though

the bolts on my sensor came loose and the sensor came off the back of the im, but i still dont know what else i need to get the computer to hook up to the car for inspection

the bolts for what sensor? tps or iacv?

I dont know which one it is called its the one right on the back of the im

pretty sure thats the iacv ur referering to. the tps is the one directly opposite where the throttle cable attaches to the throttle body

but in all honestly, u will not fix this unless u pull the codes

Skunk2 manifold??? Had the same problem with my car when I installed it. It is a vacuum leak on the manifold somewhere - most likely the gasket itself. To check this, take a can of carb cleaner, and with the engine running, spray it on all of the spots where to pieces meet (manifold gasket, and where the sensors are, plus the brake booster and such). If it evens out for a second, then you found your leak.

My problem was that I didn’t get every last bit of old gasket off. This is very important.

Also, what ecu are you running and what is different with the bin you are running?

Its a obd1 converted over