How do I get my concealed permit in Saratoga County?

Should have no prob getting the Lcp under the CCP, as I put in my application I’d primarily be Target shooting. Also for carrying with you, all you need under Nys penal law for a setup to “Target shoot” at, is a suitable backdrop, and be more than 500’ from a dwelling. Hell, you could articulate doing that almost anywhere :lol

Oh and Cossey, I wanted the BG380 in a bad way, but heard a ton of reviews saying the firing pin would shit the bed every 100 shots or so, and with a CC gun, I don’t want that 100th shot to be the time I need it, just something to think about…

the bg did have some issues, but most of them were the first series of serial numbers which can be expected with a new model. as far as i know all of the bugs have been worked out. i have a few hundred through mine with no issues to date.

Wtf you been BTW bro ^^ :lol

I did not ask for your opinion in this thread, I asked a very specific question.

If you wanna learn more about the rules and the process of pistol permits in NY check out NYFirearms.com and ask on there.

I’m taking from what I remember from my course and what I’ve read through the years on the topic. Also, I’ve said it before and will say it again. It’s a Pistol License, not a pistol permit. Once given to you, you are not in training to own/possess/carry. You are granted a license to own a handgun in NYS and to conduct yourself with it, in good judgment.

NYS is a concealed carry state, not open carry. Therefore, the only way you can carry to and from “Hunting/Target”, is if it’s concealed. I believe it is also stated that the gun must be “carried on your person”. Which means, you’re not actually supposed to leave it under the seat of your vehicle when you run into Stewarts for a half gallon of milk on the way home. But to have it concealed on you, at all times. However, you can leave it in the vehicle if locked and concealed properly for transportation. If locked, I think the gun has to have a proper gun lock placed on it, or placed in a locked gun case. A lockable glove box doesn’t count as properly locking your gun up.

Is it unconstitutional to place restrictions on a handgun license…… yes, it is. However, bring that up to the issuing officer (County Judge) and he’ll revert back to……This license can be revoked at anytime….by the issuing officer.” Yeah, don’t push your luck on that one.

If ever pulled over by a cop, you don’t have to say you have one on you either. Only if he mentions that he’d like to search your car. Then you’d first mention that you have a NYS Handgun License and that you are currently carrying, how would you like me to proceed.

You don’t have to explain yourself for wanting to carry a gun to any of us. However, you will have to explain your reasoning to the issuing judge if you ever go to have the restrictions removed from the license. For the most part, once having the license, you can carry as you feel needed. There are the laws about not entering state/federal buildings and not carrying in NYC. But even they seem to be blurred these days. It’s like they keep rewording everything to make it confusing. I’ve heard this in the past and agree with it. Never pull out a gun in anger, only in self defense. Just be smart about it and you won’t have any problems.

1. GL in Saratoga county
  2. You are in for a wait
  3. Noone gets fully carry off the bat to start.

Move to Vermont.
Have drivers license?
Only “permit” you need.

:rofl

around, and you?

Workin like a N lol, let’s grab some drinks soon dude

Wasn’t some dude asking for him in l.g the other night ?

i hear you there and ok ok.

Wasn’t some dude asking for him in l.g the other night ?

me?

Yeah Steve , some guy that boughs s10 headers or some shit

ahh i know who you mean now.

you are misinformed.concealed carry by law in ny state is the only way to carry.25 year pistol instructor in saratoga county,thats me.

Cool story, bro.

did some guy create an account just to write that? I wish I had that much free time.