How do I get my concealed permit in Saratoga County?

It’s been a little over three months for me since I handed in my paperwork and had an interview with the investigator for Guilderland (Albany county). He said sometimes a judge will choose to interview with certain applicants, but the only reason is if they don’t have a squeaky clean record. My license has been suspended several times several years ago, and he said that could make it so I have an interview.

I kinda wish for Albany county it was required to buy a pistol before hand like Schenectady and Saratoga, because it’d be nice to have the permit with a pistol already listed on it. Instead, I get the permit and then go to buy the pistol, then bring serial number to get my permit amended, then I can get it a week or two later. I just hope they don’t mind when I bring three or four pistols right off the bat.

i know schenectady doesnt care. ive done multple amendments a couple of times and im about to add my 9th and 10th to my 6 month old permit.

one nice thing about schenectady is if i buy a pistol and drive to get my amendment i can go get the pistol the same day. much better than waiting days, weeks, or in some instances even months.

in albany do you have to go infront of the judge for each amendment, or do the clerks take care of it? i hear sometimes it takes up to 9 months to get the original permit.

i think saratoga was the other county that takes forever for an amendment.

Quick reading has shown that if I lived in the city of Albany I’d need to go in front of a judge for an amendment. Luckily I’m in Guilderland, so I don’t need to see a judge for that. Honestly I won’t mind if it takes a week or so for amendments since I’ve waited so long already it won’t seem like much.

oh, so just the city not the whole county of albany must go in front of judge for an amendment. got it.

i know what your saying… youve waited months for original permit so a week is nothing for an amendment but after getting all my amendments in about 5-10 minutes… itd suck major to have to wait even a day or two. just the inconvience of having to drive there drop it and then drive back to pick it up would suck.

Yes, it does suck about the inconvenience for sure.

As of right now, I’m looking at a few (I’d like to get them all lol) and I plan on buying at least two of these right off the bat.

Springfield XDm .45ACP 4.5", possibly a 9mm as well.
SW Bodyguard .380
Either the Taurus Judge or SW Governor. Dunno what’d be better really.
Some 1911.
A .22. No idea what.

i have a bodyguard .380 and love it.

if you got a 9mm itd have to be an xd, as they dont make a compliant(mag capacity) 9mm xdm yet.

cant go wrong with a 1911, i love both of my kimbers.

i just picked up my first .22. i went with the gsg 1911. it got great reviews so i figured id try it out. havnt had time to shoot it yet though.

I have the XD9 (17 round mag, I think) I absolutely love it. I’ve thought about buying the XDM just because I like the 9 so much. It feels great in your hand and comes with a bunch of junk (mag loader, 2 mags, holster, case, etc).

I’m hoping they will begin making the XDm 9mm 10rd mags soon so they can be sold in NYS by the time I’m ready to by if/when I do. For some reason, I really like the OD green finish on the XDms as well lol.

You have PM.

if they havnt yet, i doubt they will. but you never know. id love to have a xdm. maybe ill just get the .45.

OD green looks cool as hell, same color my XD9 is:

Got the Ruger Lcp 380, and also going to pick up a S&W MP45 once I get my permit.

I definitely plan on getting a .45 XDM. I’d like a 9mm as it’d be slightly cheaper to shoot, and I think my gf could fire it without issue. I have no problem “settling” on the XD 9mm, or even the SW M&P 9mm.

Do want. Let’s shoot it. Now.

I know someone with the LCP380 and they love it so far as a CC firearm, but I don’t know if they’ve shot it yet. It’d suck though if you get the hunting/target restriction on your permit, as the LCP is a compact gun for CC. The reason I’m on the fence about the Bodyguard .380 is because if mine is restricted, there’s no reason for me to CC, thus no reason for such a compact gun.

I definitely approve of the M&P though.

EDIT:
Found what I’m going to get for a concealed carry firearm though. I think it’s very subtle, and should have no prob concealing it:

If you showed that Desert Eagle to someone they would probably think it was a toy lol.

I think it’d give me a ton of street cred in Schenectady. You Vermont folk are a bit on the “off” side.

:rofl:rofl:rofl

My buddy still has the nickel version I sold him in .50 cal. Flannel wearing woodchuck friends say “Dats a fuckin’ ______'s gun!” :lol

as i said above if you do your research there are animals that can be hunted year round and there are ranges that can be shot at 24/7. you can always be coming from the range, headin to the range, went to the range before or after work. etc etc.

dont let an unconstitutional “hunting and target” written at the bottom of your concealed carry permit deter you from buying a certain gun.

as far as bling…

id prefer one of these…

http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/thumb/b/bc/FO-Gold1911s-8.jpg/400px-FO-Gold1911s-8.jpg

to go with one of these…

http://unrealboardtk.yolasite.com/resources/gold_ak74_RESIZED.jpg

I see what you did there.

I’d easily be the blackest person in Guilderland if I owned either of those, along w/ the DE I posted.

As did I. I dunno if the range I belong to is open 24/7 for indoor shooting, as most ranges don’t allow shooting after dark for outdoors stuff.

there are other ranges that have indoor. a officer isnt going to ask for proof of membership :lol(and if he did, your not a member, i met my friend from work there who is a member). my point is they only know what you tell them, thus you should never get in trouble for carrying with or without a restriction… if your smart about it that is.

edit: anyways, thinking about picking up an other glock. prolly go with a g17. one reason id rather get a glock 9mm than a m&p or xd is pre ban mags ftmfw.