How do I move a locked car in my driveway?

But will it take off?

“Hi AAA I don’t own said car please come un lock it for me”

^you don’t need to say you own the car…

they don’t care. just tell them you left the key inside the car.

plus, the car is in your driveway.

this is what i was trying to say but

in the pic everthing looks ok …i have never see a car get pulled off a jack if on the right way but what do we know right

im sure he does not have AAA

you still have to break the steering column and transmission column to move the car.if you dont try jacking the car then just give up you are not moving the car

^wait. he didn’t put anything special on the steering wheel, right?

if that’s the case, it’s just like AAA dude who moved my friends car when it’s completed busted to the towing truck.

you just need to move the transmission manually to Neutral using the switch…then simply move the car.

move the other cars in the drive way.

you know your steering wheel is locked without the key in it. he has no key err go he has to break the ignition lock to move those. unless this car is a theft recovery where it has been broken before.

FYI, we did asked AAA to open our car before. the AAA guy didn’t ask anything. he simply opened the car using a inflatable cushion (hand pump) and a long wire to press the unlock button inside the car.

this should not be this hard…

so whats everyone doing this weekend?

right now im shitting… and looking at the NY Times

edit: check his glove box too, a lot of Fords from that era came with a “spare” plastic key for emergency situations. Then take it to work for the rest of the week

dot

This still sounds like the best/easiest solution.
Make sure to get vids.

But if there’s no airflow over the wings…

i see what you mean. :ham:

but there’s a possibility that the steering wheel is not locked, right?

if that’s the case, when you switch the transmission to Neutral, you should be able to move the car around, right?

I have your answer to the driveway being tore up…

Call a couple friends to help push…

go get in your car do not put the key in the ignition. now turn the steering wheel you get 15 degrees before it locks in place.

You cant put an automatic car in neutral if it doesnt have the key in the ignition.

if he had keys he wouldnt be in this dilema

no posting on nyspeed till the nyspeed gods magically lift the car out of the driveway is the most logical approach

^yeah, we did this in two of my friend’s car.

when we put the transmission in Neutral, the steering wheel didn’t lock even though we turned it all the way around (to navigate the car into AAA towing truck).

stop using common sense you will get a headache like me. also does he have keyless entry? if you pop the lock the alarm will not shut off till you unlock the door with it. ask psychopjv when we popped a lock for a kid at mighty