How Do We End This once and For All?

hhhhmmmm, Corporation anyone? Shareholders meeting, bring your fire-proof suits and helmets…

getting insurance for a temporary track, run by ‘kids’ … you do’t see an issue? i’t’s hard enoiguh to get simple building ins. to work on cars, some companies won’t even touch anything to do with automotive business ( state farm, PC… ect. )… you seriously think they would give it to a bunch opf kids loking to race on an airport strip?? your obviously making uninformed assumptions, don’t.

I hear the whole insurance bit all the time when it comes to a new track, but I don’t get it? I’m assuming Cayuga, Shannonville, and St Thomas all have insurance. So why wouldn’t a new track be able to get it??[/quote]

There’s also the “noise polution” that has to be considered. I remember a few years ago an event was in the works to use Downsview AFB but due to the dence residential community, it was axed quite fast. That was one of the reasons the base was shut down was the planes making to much noise and the area residents getting pissed off.

I for one think it would be great to see a track in the GTA that is closer the thing is, putting as side all of the insurance issues and so on your still left with the by law regarding noise and that poses a problem too.

The solution is simple. Have snipers setup at every intersection that will kill everyone that attempts to streetrace on sight.

I don’t know, I don’t think there IS a solution at all. I mean, CLOSER tracks would help, but that’s not gonna happen so why even bother? The government isn’t going to get more votes by resolving the street racing problem, they’ll get more votes by arresting more street racers. They probably WANT more people to streetrace.

thats why I was saying do it near pearson, there’s a smaler strip close to area 51 paintball (i’m not sure if its still used at all), i think it used to be millitary. http://www.yellowpages.ca/mp/ON/null/Area+51+Paint+Ball+Park+Inc/416/6360657/75-B+Carl+Hall/North+York/M3K2B6/0/1/0000000000000930870001692507.html#MAP
As for the insurance, can’t you just get everyone to sign a waiver to “use your property” kind of thing, so thay if they crash its their problem?

Ok everyone seems to be focused on my 3% i was just throwing a number out there! My point was to get everyone to pitch in and Mostly THE GOVERNMENT( This goes for insurance location by-laws etc )

what are the three tracks in the gta? i only noe of downsview and some other ones that dont really count as a track