how long are going to be in the car game?

i have one, its just not working right. it smells rich, and its na so im not too worried :slight_smile:

I canā€™t stay focused on one thing too long. I tinker with everything, which is why nothing ever gets done. Iā€™d want to finish any automotive projects before buying a house, and a house will be my ultimate ā€œprojectā€

Iā€™m a lifer, I donā€™t see myself ever getting away from cars, and I will never drive something stock again.

Now with powl! Iā€™m noticing an age gap between those who are modders for life and those who have had other things creep into their prioritiesā€¦

I thought about changing ā€œwaneā€ to a more common word, but decided to have a little faith in this board. Donā€™t let me down.

Over 25 and Iā€™m getting tired of fixing shit.

Not to say Iā€™ll get out of it altogether, but maybe Iā€™ll just buy something nice and DD it with few to no mods.

Thats still a few years away though. Thereā€™s still more money to be dumped into the DSM.

lol.

I appreciate cars, and they make for a great hobby. Iā€™m sure iā€™ll always want some form of side project, but Iā€™ve gone through summers past without having a toy car at all. I just wouldnā€™t go so far as saying

i really cant see myself doing anything else in my life but fucking with cars.
:bloated:

My car sits alot, because I donā€™t make time to futz with it. If I had actually touched it at all this winter, it probably would have 2000 miles on it for the season, instead of 5. lol

im kinda meh with me buying a houseā€¦

i am thinking of getting more of a cushy BMW like a used 335i or perhaps a AMGā€¦

just tired of the ride quality in my m3ā€¦ and i need a new clutch

my car is certainly bottom rung compared to everyone else but I cant complain with $198/6 month insurance and 25mpg all day long. Not to mention less than ten grand total investment over the past four years

its not fast or flashy but it handles nicely and still puts a smile on my face

Iā€™ll be into performance for life, but the kind with a warranty and stock reliability.

Iā€™d love to say I was going to get out of the game but itā€™d be a lie. I suspect Iā€™ll start doing more stuff from the ground up as I really prefer doing projects like that. Hopefully getting out of the track car ownership stuff and having the coin to just rent rides (or secure one).

Under 25 and am thinking about selling my car daily. Not that I would leave cars but as ILC said what you like might change. I think I would be happier in a stock ZO6 or NSX even.

Hmmm letā€™s seeā€¦

Four years ago I bought an Evo and spent a bit on mods.
Fast forward, I am married, have a daughter and am house poor driving a wagon.

I will always love cars but things do change in life.
In fact I have had a good list of fun cars.
Most people get married and have kids much younger.
I am proud of how long I held out.
I have been to at least 10 driving schools but none in the last couple years.:frowning:
I wish I could have gone to the Glen last weekend or even some local meets but, I do love my daughter more than anything and wouldnā€™t change that.(Obviously)

Motion for family meets.:slight_smile:

Iā€™m currently trying save myself some money by screwing with my car and bike INSTEAD of my house.

Iā€™m loosing though. The house always comes 1st.

Iā€™m a lifer. My interest in the hobby has evolved and will continue to over time. I pretty much went from show to drag racing to autoX to track days to ______.

it should be a fun next decade.

I believe I will always be into cars in one shape or formā€¦ which I suppose lends me to the ā€œliferā€ category.

In the beginning I liked drag, now Iā€™ve taken an affinity to turning the wheelā€¦ who knows what Iā€™ll be into 20 years from now :shrug:

I def voted wrong. I voted I wasnt a lifer only because i am losing some of my interest in drag racing but after thinking my interest in cars is still HUGE i just like different types of them now.

Sold my car last month and love every minute of it. The extra cash in my bank account making interest is great coupled with no gas payments or expensive parts to buy, is a huge plus. I still love cars but Iā€™d rather put money into my house and investments now.