How much boost for 500whp?

Its down to a science for real,

84X89 sleeved, eagles/cp’s, Vtec head,ARP, 60+mm turbo on 880+injectors 3" ic pipe and decent IC. tune done…5000-6000 have a 500+hp car that gets 28+mpg on the street that is good for mid low 10’s.

what’s the difference between the b18b and b18c blocks?

The blocks are very similar once sleeved. Crank journal and bearings are different, IIRC. Joe, Eric?

6 bolt main (b18c) vs 2 bolt main(b18a/b)

Oil squirters (b18c)

You dont need an external oil line to the head for vtec with a b18c bottem end.

are je srp pistons quality pistons? they are 8:1 compression, standard bore, and i can get those and eagle h beams really cheap. what do you guys think?

If you’re always in boost, 8.0:1 would work OK. But if you’re going 35R, stick with 9.0:1 - 9.5:1

well the only reason i’m considering getting these is because i can get a really good deal on them. if i go that low am i going to really kill my bottom end power? what if i went with a smaller turbo like a 30r?

Are they used? alot of machine shops dont like touching used parts like that

still in packaging. is that low compression gonna kill what low end power a b16 has? so joe, even for 400 bucks you don’t think it’s worth it to sleeve a b16 block? i guess bore doesn’t matter because the deck is too short? i would go all out and get a gsr, bore and sleeve that to 85mm and whatever else but i don’t have the money for a gsr. It’s almost twice as much as a b16. and i would’ve stayed with my original LS plan but you kinda talked me out of it with the shitty head flow. I don’t want to mess with LS/vtec either.

8.0:1 you’d need something like a disco potato…or even a T25 hybrid wheel style turbo IIRC.

alright f that, i’ll just buy the rods for like $100. i’m not buying two turbo’s because i know one day i’m going to want to crank it up to 400 or 500hp and i’ll need at least a gt30r.

what rods are they for?

if the are b16 rods/pistons on a b16 stroke 8:1 b16 would be serious turd out of boost

so i’m looking into buying a gsr block and the guys says it has aftermarket sleeeves. he thinks they’re dartons but can’t be positive because the block has been sold so many times since they were installed. is there any way to tell for sure if they are darton sleeves? he said he took it to a machine shop and they said they were dartons.

no, this is a serious turd;

That leaves room for the chrome SW :tounge:

if he is not sure i wouldnt buy the block. There are issues with getting the sleeves to seal and if its been sold so many times they arent sure what they are you dont want to mess with it sounds kinda weird you know? If you are trying to make your horsepower goals you need to be sure of the parts you are buying and there is no cheap way to make horsepower. Buy a GSR bottom end and get it sleeved yourself that way you are sure of everything and if the sleeves sink you will get taken care of by the person that sleeved it rahter than dealing with a block that been whored out to who knows who and dont even know the brand thats just lame.

Quoted for truth. Kyle, you can buy my extra block if you need one.

Used sleeved blocks FTL. esp if it has been sold more than once.