How Much Is May 14 Going To Cost Me?

I’m sure a lot of you think the track would simply be too expensive, but really its not bad and I’ll tell you what this is one of those things where you cant hate on it unitl you try it. Driving at the track is by far one of the best experiances you and your car will ever have together. Having sex in your car with a top notch slutty is about the only thing that even comes close. That and cruising with about 15+ other pimp cars blowing off at hot slutties on teh sidewalk.

Ok so for you guys that want to price it out that haven’t bene I thought i’d help out:

Drift:

To actually be allowed to drive your car on track you need to have - 65$

A spare set of tires to drift on can be had at a junkyard with some work, mounting them will be about - 30$, you may not need a spare set of tires depending on how hardcore you are, however its always a good idea to bring a spare.

Fuel at the track itself will be about 15L for an entire day if you’re drifting, you really dont use that much fuel. so 15$ for fuel say.

Fuel getting there and back can be done within 35L if you dont push the car, thats another 35$

A drift day will cost you 145$

Grip:

As long as your car is prepped (i.e. good pads and tires) you wont have any problems. Don’t bother pushing the car hard if you have stock brakes as you’ll destroy your rotors and pads.

To actually use the track again 65$

Fuel at the track depending on how much you drive will be about 30L 30$

Fuel there and back is another 35$

If you want to grip you’re gonna be looking at about 130$

All in all its less than 150$ to have a killer time at the track, its so worth it even if your car isn’t fully ready, appreciating each mod as you do it can be seen MOST obviously at track.

Things like new brake pads will NOT be appreciated on teh street, but when you go to track good pads are key, without them the car will almost be a joke. Same thing goes for clutch type diff, and coilovers.

Finally if you’re doing grip, take down some times. See how much you can improve in a day, and then throughout the year. If you hit up nelson again you can see how your mods improve, and how your overal driving ability improves.

Most of all you gotta be silly and have a great fuckign time, like jover said leave the egos and attitudes at home, i’ll bitch slap the fool that acts liek a big man.

Who cares about money, I will be there no matter what.

people who do not have it

I don’t have it and I don’t care… I must be hardcore or something :lol:

u forget the time factor and opportunity cost of…

for us niagarines to go to shannonville it is a 3+ hour drive both ways, = 6 hours of driving just to drive for 3 more even harder.

i cant wait for the road course to open up at TMP, it is within distance where if i break something CAA will tow me home for free…

let the breaking of stuff begin.

I want to go to Calabogie this summer, but it’s a 6 hr drive i’m sure.

So i might sleep over at Belleville or Napanee, and get an oil change while im there.

Can someone put up a map of/to shannonville.

How far of a drive from the east end (Pickering).

If it’s not too bad I might be in.

Whoooo first time on a track! 8)

Solo 1 is using Calabogie this year, IF it gets finished by then.

Sasha, I think you should save up for the “other” day :wink: .

I got some quotes, and available days in July, give my cell a call. 8)

I got some proper info on the TMP road course today. The course was built on property that was mostly zoned for commercial use, but with out the owner of the track or the city for that matter knowing that there were a couple lots that were zoned for residential or farm. So the hold up now is at the “city hall”, in the fact that city council must zone the non commercial lots to be commercial and then the track will be open.

Time frame for this is really not set. I was told by the owner of the track it could be 2 weeks or mid to late summer.

Let think about the good though… I could be 2 WEEKS.

Lets all send letters to cayuga city hall to push the matter :smiley:

Depending on what program you’re on with CAA, as long as you have plates, they tow you for free.

From Toronto: Hwy 401 east approx. 150km (90miles) east to Exit #556 - Shannonville Rd. Proceed south on Shannonville Rd, which ends at Old Hwy #2. Go east on Old Hwy #2, we are approx 7 kms from this point on the left hand side.

150km+ is a bit more than 35L of gas I’d say.

Seems like an expensive day.

My car gets 100km for every 10L just about if i really take it easy on her

How many hours is the drive there?

1.5hr is the record from 404/401 although I think it supposed to be
something in the 2 hour range…

last time about 5 of us were cruizin at 190 on the way there cause we were gona be late…

highways are smooth and dead usually

Depending on what program you’re on with CAA, as long as you have plates, they tow you for free.[/quote]

A CAA Plus membership will get you towed 160km. That is about half way to Niagara.

what i want to know is, if i went to a track day and didnt drift, would i be made fun of? is it a drift only day? who’s going to grip if anyone??

if i go ill be gripping

ty you should come out for solo 1

i might not be able to come depends if i can get time off at tmp and my other shitty part time job