how to get around emissions?

thats the thing…when u hook the DMV computer up to the car it says verifying make and model car…i dunno if it actually does that thing…so it s possible that any make of the same year could possilby be used…who knows…it could just scan for FORD/LINCOLN/MERCURY ecus and thats it…or maybe it can actually determine the type car…its all big BS…cause technically all the registration would say is Ford Sedan or Ford Coupe of Ford Suburban (for SUVs)

with my pcm in the gtp the VIN is stored, but the VIN does not have to match the one for the car for it to pass inspection. There is also some info about the car that is stored, Ill have to remember to look and my PCM file to see what is exaclty stored. Last year I had a different VIN stored in the PCM and I still passed inpection with no problems. I also had a few codes shut off, like EGR, rear 02, missfires, Evap. Basicly anything that gave me a SES light I shut off and still passed.

Edit: with the programer I have I can wrtie any info about the vehical I want to the PCM (VIN, Make, Model, Year)

DMV comp logs PCM # and pid count and a whole lot of other info, things that dont match end up on a “list” and are investigated- LOL trust me i know
different vins will still pass but it is looked into from above not at the insp station level

same here, i love it. if im throwing a code, i read it…and go into my software and shut off the code so it doesnt even read it anymore lol :rofl:

It doesn’t sound like it is worth the work involved.
1995 models FTW.

95 or prior is the easiest… but i believe i read in an article that you can use an AEM EMS and still retain your stock ECU so you can plug into the computer and everything will be appearing stock…

so i think that could help or use the EEC editor maybe that will work i personally haven’t ever dealt with it the newest car i’ve ever owned was like 18yrs old lol.

He want’s to run CARBEURATED

ok, i work at a shop… if you find a good shop… and a friend with an inspection licence… you can plug a different car into the nys computer… find a car thats the same make… thats all you really need… its been done and it works… all the nys comp check is if the check engine light is on.

lol. ive done it.

so if i get a custom programmed ECU, and have all of the SES codes shut off, then it would be possible to pass with no problem? Visual inspection isnt a problem,theres alot of :SNKY: shops around here

Not true. 2005 Mitsubishi Evo Registered in S. Carolina.

No yearly inspections. No plugging into anything, no visual, no nothing.

To live here you only have a requirement of one loud mother fucking exhaust
because you have no cat, mufflers and manditory straight pipe. Hell, my next
project is how to mount my 10ga. on my harness bar since I don’t have a truck.

Cool.

well… after some thinking, I put the car up for trade on a tbird specific messageboard in hopes of getting something older.

thanks for the help… it sounds like that way would be less of a PITA.

thanks again for the responses

Akasprzyk the machine will allow you to do this but it IS investigated it all depends on how busy my…oops their schedule is lol

the state doesnt reconize vins from car to car with its ecu checking but if you try to scan say a ford for its vin code and plug it into a GM it will set off the bells and wistles and a visit from the state will follow.best advice if you didi mods to the car and still retain the obd2 conector is to clear the ECU or unplug its power supply .reinsert power supply and drive it till system ready status comes on line the hurry to the inspection station .I would get around my cat codes every year when I had my WRX in the same bind .

Yes it does chuck trust me ask me how i know. second thought dont i’ve got enough work to do LOL

I know how I’m going to do it with my Bird… Let’s just say I’m going to be owning 2 96/97 Firebirds once the Formula comes back out… One that’s 90% stock and will pass the plug-in test with no problems, and the Formula which is going to be running a FAST XFi only system… Guess how I’m going to pass :wink:

Well theres a thought butttt come next year when they start suspending registrations for vehicles that havent been inspected in 24 months you might have a problem next?

hey actually the more i think about it everyone should flub the nysi -plug other cars in, swap stickers etc… its job security for DMV Inspectors

Just print up inspection stickers on your computer… use the kitty cat barcode reader and print barcodes on them that match your vehicle. There is tons of crap regarding reverse-coding barcodes on the net… if you find a car like yours (not difficult) and use the radio shack scanner… it reads the barcode, and can duplicate it with free software… simply place that barcode at the bottom of your photoshopped inspection sticker… and away you go.

if you’re going to break the law, might as well do it right.

Just fyi~ Nys does issues A special inspection for Cars 96+ to allow them to pass, is a 3 yr reg that runs 450.00, allows you to bypass emmissions and just be checked for safety. Also you can get an emissions waiver for any 96+ if your car has had 450.00 + in repairs and the light still hasnt gone out… ( I know I am an inspector)

Hey jay your car passed this year…Lol… thank god for a 96 gp…lol…

What’s the procedure for this? Or do they just give it to you after raping you for $450?