how to get around emissions?

plug into a differnt car that uses the same PCM, dosnt even have to be the same brand, or model car :snky:

:word:

Does a motor build count? Thats over $450.

LOL silly kids ask some shops around about using diff cars etc… to inspect others–its called “clean Scanning” I love when people shoot their mouth off when they have no clue as to what they are saying

Great way to get inspection shops in a load of shit… and there is a bunch of paperworkto fill out for the waiver…

i am almost positive that even if you have a sticker, a police officer does not have to scan the barcode, they can simply tell when they run your plate that your car is not legally inspected, sticker or not

is that true? ive been wondering

yup, it pops up on their screen when they run your plate.

well im almost positive i heard that when i was working at jim ball from one of the inspectors, and it makes sense, the inspection stuff is all linked to albany so why would the state not make that info available to police officers to enforce the law

It is not linked at this point but planned in the future. esp when dmv goes to reg based enforcement. That will be cool when you need to re reg and it shows ur car hasnt been inspected cause they wont re reg the car

make a firend with an inspection licence. its very easy to get around all you need to do is plug in a car of the same make and a close year. thats it lol

no its directly linked to albany, you have false info, when you look at the screen it says connecting…sorry your wrong

no it doesnt-- the machine connects to a server at a place called SGS test com they compile the data and then send the info to DMV in Albany . i set up some of the system so, no i dont have false info

This is some pretty usefull info.

I often wonder how i will pass inspection on my 2000 Integra gs-r after
installing a JRSC, obd1 ecu and Hondata.

I thought the only way was to retain all of the stock parts for inspection?

I could give ya a lot of info but i cant/wont but lets say this- the machine does not read whats comming out of the tail pipe it just reads the pcm data stream to see if it “says” the emissions are working correctly

thats bs the ny computer knows that from 99-present what type of vehicle and its vin by plugging in the obdII

NY blows a$$ just move…this guy i was talking to said maine will register trailers even if you live else where i wounder if u can get a car done the same way ?

but its not illegal for people that buy used PCMs to safe money, junkyard, Ebay, rebuilt cars. To nort have there numbers match. So the pcm vin# dont mean anything and dont matter to NY.
I wrote FUCK0FNY123456 in my friends 98 S10 pcm vin. And it passed.

thats awesome…what programmers can turn off check engine codes ?

I’m gonna call the DMV and see what they say… thanks for the heads up on that

u didnt write that for the vin u would have been red flagged every car 1980-present has 17 digits