How to tell ABS diff from non ABS diff?

This question is for both VLSD differences and open diff…how do you tell what is ABS and non ABS. also whats the differences if you were to use with a ABS drive shaft and non ABS Diff… or vice versa…

is there anyway to tell other then looking for sensors for abs on the subframes ect…?

also wondering for installing an 89 diff are the axel’s different ?? if all i have are VLSD axel…

so many questions. lol

Thanks!

S13 axles are the same except jdm which has different bolt pattern at diff side
abs diffs have a longer nose section to house the abs sensor and there for a shorter driveshaft.
the driveshaft is only different in the front smaller section infront of the bearing so rear sections are the same

this may also help with more questions
http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43423

You sure? I’ve found the opposite to be true.

The hanger bearing bolts are in the same spot, so the hanger bearing is in the same spot, therefore the rear section is different for abs/non-abs and the front section is different for 5 speed/auto. You just mix and match to get the drive shaft for your car.

My car is a huge parts bin LMAO i did a 5 speed swap,then did a sr swap 1 year later and now i have a JDM subframe to install, so i guess the axel is different …so confused.

I guess i should explain what im trying to do…im trying to figure out if the diff that came with my JDM subframe can be used with my driveshaft. and installed into my car with the new subframe its in.

becasue i figure it has less K on it then my current one.

ABS DIFF has a plug for teh ABS sensor, hanging off the diff, near the input side