huge electrical issue please help!! Starter, Interior lights, and fuel pump...

Ok so I’m trying to track down what this problem is it has to be a short somewhere but I’m out of places to look and need help.

On friday after driving on the highway for about an hour with no problems I got off the highway and was cruising I put my lights on they were fine for a bit then they blew the fuse. (interior light and brake run light 15amp 3rd up on the right side drive side). After a little while longer the fuel pump start acting really bad like i was running out of gas. At the time i thought it was a bad pump and a short somewhere in my interior.

I think its fuel related i change fuel filter and top up on gas. Car seems to be running fine I drive it home on sunday carefully with no problems.

Today i go to get 15amp fuses. Car starts fine and pulls hard appears to be no fuel delivery problem. I stop at crap tire get fuses get back and start it up again still no problems car still pulls hard ( at this point i’m trying to find a problem with fuel so I’m really stepping on it when i can).

Now I drive a little further and i stop in a parking lot with the car idling and i put in the 15amp fuse for the interior lights. All of sudden car is dead. car stops even the clock is off full electronic short.

I have a 150A breaker in the back it did not pop but i manual reset it. Car now has electricity all accs work minus interior lights which the fuse has popped on again.

Car now will not even try to start!! I turn the key and hear what sounds like a popping short noise and all electrics are dead again. I have to reset my breaker every time even though it is not popping.

Now I pull the ground off the starter motor and I can turn on all accs. I even was able to put the 15amp fuse in and have interior lights. a new Fuse blew when trying to start it.

I get a bump and start and drive it home. Car works fine at first then start to suffer from fuel pump problems. It starts bogging and lurching and almost dies at lights. I believe this is related to ground being pulled off the starter. (key ground messing with engine electronics).

I’m going to take some pictures of a few of the problem areas I see. There is this unit I have no idea what its for but the box is cracked and theres dirt in it. Also a plug with a lot of cut wires.

Is there anywhere i can take this where they won’t laugh at me for having such shitty wiring? The wiring is worse and worse the more electrical tape i take off. I have owned the car for over a year with out problems. I haven’t really done anything electrical to the car.

Most recent thing i did was change a busted oil pressure gauge from electrical to mechanical. I have disconnect the stero and any wiring to the speakers/sub.

Thanks for any help I’m really stumped with this one.

lowered s13 by chance?

Yes lowered.

So get this after cleaning a shit ton of contacts and checking for bad grounds everywhere with still no luck i ended up by passing my Hi-Amp buss. I believe this was installed for the stereo. I’m not great with car audio I’ve never cared to learn I really only use it when my gf is in the car (came with car has been untouched since purchase over a year and half ago).

Either way I just randomly tried it and the car started up and idled perfectly. I even was able to put the 15amp fuse in with out it blowing. Now interior lights are working and car will start.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/tamboman/parts%20for%20sale/grounds/DSC00125.jpg

Has anyone ever heard of these going bad? I’m about to go and pull it off the car maybe something melted through and it was grounding on the car chassis?

I also am still interested in figuring out what this box is.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/tamboman/parts%20for%20sale/grounds/DSC00123.jpg

Its on the passenger side tucked in the front fender. the case is cracked and its full of dirt. It must not have been the problem but still looks awful.

Darian wanted to mention about lowered cars rubbing through the fender harness.

http://www.sillbeer.com/fenderharness.php

I re-routed my harness on my old coupe once it was lowered…

I have mine zipped tied safely. I did check that though.

I was driving around tonight and that fuse blew again. I’m thinking i must have a broken wire in one of my turn signals that hits the body when i turn or go over a bump something like that. It was working at idle fine.

the pump seemed to run fine. I only was able to do a couple first gear pulls. Pulled strong until 5500-6000 then it seemed to plateau off. Change to second no problems.

possible I still have a weak pump?

Hopefully I can find this dangling wire thats causing my 15amp to blow tomorrow. Any good locations to start looking at?