Hwy 7 + Bathurst (a shitty day)

here’s the article:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/01102007/3/canada-opp-seize-41-vehicles-under-new-speeding-law.html

carefully read the part about NOS… this is getting really bad. Average speed on 400 north of Major Mack is 135… if you’r not doing 120+ you’re a speed bump.

My biggest beef with the cops doing the setbelt check is that people freak out and slam on the brakes potentiall causing accidents. I was getting on 410 south from steeles east (speed is 80Km/h) and I’m getting on the ramp at 100K in my FWD Elantra and the drivers in front of me hammered on the brakes… I wasn’t expecting 5 cars to go from 100 (or so) to 40 so I got on the brakes hard and my rear end came out… good thing I can drive otherwise she’d be in the ditch.

I’ve seen cops stinding on the road doing seatbelt checks! If someone’s not paying attention mr. police could be mr. splat.

It’s getting pretty bad. Soon if you have an exhaust or even a K&N filter on your car you’re going to be considered a “street racer” even if you’re not stopped for speeding or anything!

Moral of the story… don’t speed or give the pigs a reason to stop you!

you guys shouldn’t be so scared of cops, if you like to complain so much don’t drive your modded cars, and if you hate tickets, get radar detectors, that are 2 years old or newer, cops buy the latest commercial radar detectors every year and then their organization takes about two years or three to make them obsolete.

you ppl read all the laws and regulations posted up here and can’t seem to figure out the increase in cops? its blitz season from October to end of November, this is where every cop balances out their income for the year close.

everyone always says this “oh the cop was so nice he gave me a lower speed ticket”, thats because they know you don’t know that they know they picked you in a batch, i.e target car A-check its speed 100km, therefore cars B,C,D,E,F around it must be doing 100km too, thats why they bring down the kmh on your ticket.

Cops drive

2000-2004 Ford Taurus/Black Tint
2001-2007 Ford focus/Black Tint
2001 + Pontiac Montana/Police Undercover
2000 + Chrysler van/ Police Undercover
2003 + Dodge Caravan/ Swat undercover
2000 + Pontiac Grand Prix GTP/ Police Undercover
2005 + Dodge Charger/ Regular Police
2000 + Impala GREY with two black disc antennas on rear roof/ Undercover Police Supervisors
2000- 2006 Crown victorias/ Unmarked with Black Tint=Undercover Police Detectives
2005+ WHITE Crown Victoria Black Tint/Delta Undercover Military Secret Police<non civilian police, authority unknown.

Sal

1.RADAR DETECTORS ARE ILLEGAL IN ONTARIO CANADA.
2. COPS DRIVE EVERYTHING FROM NEONS TO MUSTANGS AND EVEN A COUPLE OF PORSCHE’S…YES IN ONTARIO.
3. RCMP CAN PULL YOU OVER…but usually dont
4. if you get tagged in a 1 day monster blitz at 1 intersection or area.
you will probably get off the ticket…due to due process time or the cop not showing up, or remembering which pack car was tagged etc etc.
fight it i’ll bet you get off or a SERIOUS drop in fines / points.
fight it DIY if its a small ticket…spend the bucks if its 2 points or more.

dont do more than 40 over…EVER…on public roads.

thats what the track is for…

what burns my ass is they included burnouts, donuts and other things in the law too…

THIS IS A CAR IT IS NOT MEANT FOR HAVING FUN…WHAT ARE YOU A CHILD?
friggin cops…

BUILD US A TRACK WITHIN 20 MINUTES OF THE 401 AND 404 OR 400.
YOU’LL SEE A 50% DROP IN STREET RACING RIGHT AWAY.

MOSPORT AND THE OTHER PLACES ARE 1+HRS AWAY (at the speed limit).
gimme a break

1. yes radars are illegal, though why not for cops?, the law creates laws so law s can’t be fought back. " THE SYSTEM" controlers “CIVILIANS”<< the slaves.

2. yes neons and mustangs and porsches, though those kind of cops are not out to get street racers, except maby the neons and mustangs. I mentioned the cops that have interest in us. You won’t believe the things i see in my city unmarket helicopters flying meters above roof tops landing on golf courses “unmarked helicopters” < illegal national security level illegal.Another myth “helicopters don’t patrol the hwy 7” yes they do i see them and hear them daily, they anitiate a road trap in york region.

3. RCMP.lol they are a joke, should be more worried about Delta pulling you over or DED.

4. Cop not showing up< this is not an excuse to get a ticket, this only happens when the cop has passed his “quota” this is very rare, you can pay people to fight a ticket with 30 kmh over, yea no points or payment, but you get a conviction on your insurance without notice.Do it your self save money for the extra insurance premiums.

good luck with the ticket.

SaL

Thanks for bother your comments, it really does make for some interesting reading. I’m probably not going to fight this ticket as a 10 over on a clean record is already quite generous to me. However, this is a good lesson to me on looking out for speedtraps and watching my speed.

I am not too concerned with any cops other than York Region cops. I havent seen them in any cars other than Impalas and Crown Vics. But i agree with the general consensus. A racetrack within 20 minutes of any major highway in the GTA will reduce street racing and to a lesser extent speeders.

On a sidenote, i’d like to see speed cameras like the ones in Europe and some of Asia. Just thought i’d put that in for some discussion.

Other parts of the law:

• Ban motor vehicles from highways if they have a connected nitrous oxide system, which can boost the vehicle’s ability to accelerate.
  • Allow flashing blue lights in combination with flashing red lights on police service vehicles.

what a joke when u can buy a 500 hp car but 50 shot of nawzz is illegal and blue and red lights ohh im sure that will help save lives our tax $ wasted on dumb laws

your 99& right…but
we all know a cop on a power surge having a bad day will pull you over in his VW bug if he can.

most cops are good guys…I had 1 ask me why I was fighting the ticket.
I told him “you were so nice I just figured you wouldn’t show up”
so he told the judge he had to go to criminal court to testify and couldn’t stay.
SWEEEET!

I am allways very nice to cops, they are not allways very nice back.

I drive by that area of HWY7 3-4 times a day…its allways got cops on it…ok often enough to not want to speed.
I have seen the choppers there and on hwy9 and in Oshawa too.

these are bad days folks.

and since its DUI season…ALL COPS are lookin for a reason to bag and tag anyone. and hard.

derv serfly folks

That is something odd, but i’m going to make a note to try it the next time i get a ticket.

Being nice to cops works 70% of the time. They either drop it or let you off with a warning. Which is why I have 13 warnings… :stuck_out_tongue:

Highway 7 is not as bad as one would think. I’m there pretty often (possibly more often then kazz) and I dont see as much cops as he says. I see more on Leslie than highway 7. But there are definitely choppers on highway 7 once you past yonge going west.

the bayview area is a severe speed trap too…
dont even think about it…

i had my dog and wife in the car when I got that ticket so it was easy for the cop to remember how SUPER nice I was…not bj nice tho…i aint never that nice