I bought a 2007 STi in hopes I could continue my lifestyle of turbos

your INS would jump that much??? holy hell

Lmao, the first year I had my car I was DD’ing a lumina that died at 141k.

So what’s the Highlander for anyway? Knock up a few bitches and need seating for 15? Towing a boat? jw.

AWD: Check
Factory Nav: Check (It’s extra sweet because it’s Lexus based and prob. the best nav software ever created)
7/100K Bumper to Bumper: Check
Reliable: Check
Resale: Check
Cheap Insurance: Check
Leather: Check
Toyota: Check (Work reasons)
TFS giving me financing terms that no consumer could acquire: Check
Towing: Check

<3333

The funny part of this banter is you’re calling him out for making poor financial decisions yet you invested in a brand new car that devalued horribly right off the lot. Let some sap pay depreciation and buy slightly used. Just had to comment about pot meeting kettle. :wink:

Did you pay cash and own outright?

edit—
NM…just read the below in newer post. So you financed. IMO loans on devaluing investments means you can’t afford the toy. JMHO

TFS giving me financing terms that no consumer could acquire: Check

No… its a DD not a toy.

And though it “cost’s” more than the other “toy’s” he listed… I don’t think he would have gotten the same financing on them that he got for the granny mobile.

You missed the bigger point.
Hint: it’s not the one on your head. :stuck_out_tongue: J/K

now you need this shirt
http://image2.onlineauction.com/auctions//38895/ajny-938458-1.jpg

^ no.

When I got a quote for an 08 STi, it was almost double what I was paying. That def. had an impact on my decision to not get one…

The Volvo on the other hand, is basically the same insurance cost as my 1994 Integra was, haha.

I would buy an sti if it was 2 door. Itd look awesome.

I’m a financial services manager. You’re trying to teach the teacher. I purchased a brand new car, because I was given an APR that even you a so called investment genius wouldn’t have been able to aquire.

Obviously, I know that a new car depreciates off the lot much faster, but if i’m paying $4,000 more in interest, wheres the incentive? Plus I’ll be able to deduct the sales tax next year.

That whole “decpreciation” thing is a mute point in most instances anyways. Obviously I can go buy a one year old domestic and save some big chicken. Trying to find a used 2008 Highlander Sport with my options, you’d be lucky to find one under $30,000. When I’m already spending that much, the $3,000 I could save and have it not make a difference in 3 years, wasn’t worth it IMO.

That linked STi is really nice…

Thanks for the education teach. LOL

im pretty sure mitsu had a $7500 rebate on Xs that is still goin on if u can find a brand new one
(goin back to the first page)

If anyone, especially at this point in time, is paying ANYTHING over 1.9% financing on a brand new car, they are fucking retarded, or have terrible credit.

wat?

What are you talking about?

All due respect to you, but where the hell are you getting these numbers? Rates aren’t even CLOSE to 2%. People come in all the time and talk about how their rates should be about 2% through banks and that used cars have 3% or 4% rates.

The best credit unions are around 4%, give a little…maybe 4.5%.

I think he’s talking about brand new cars usually having special financing rates through dealers, 0 to 1.9%…Thats the only way you get such low apr…

You’re generally better off taking the rebate and getting 4% through an in-direct lender. This depends though, on LTV and other terms.

What I mean, is, if you shop around for a month or two, you can pretty much find any car with 0% or close to financing.

I’m pretty sure all the domestic manufactures are 0% financing right now…
I just saw an add for 0% on camrys…Subaru has 0% from month to month…

Hell, even BMW and Mercedes had 1.9% financing on their cars in the past months.