I bought a mac because...

I made the switch to mac 4 months ago at home, and I have been pushing to make the switch at work ever since.

I’ve been a PC guy for years, I’ve never bought into the fact that Apple could do anything better.

Lately, I have started to work with more designers and developers that swore by the Apple Platform, so I decided to try it with the new 24" iMac, since it fit my needs as a relatively cheap machine that would eliminate the mess around my desk, and also serve as a test station for my business. (All websites need to be tested in both mac and PC enviroments, on multiple browsers).

Within a week, the iMac took over as my default machine. OS X’s UI is incredibly intuitive and not to mention stable, and once I got past the initial learning curve, I became more efficient than I was on the PC.

Another reason I wanted to buy the iMac and try it out, was to be able to use all of the applications that are useful to my job that are only available for OS X. Textmate, Voodoo Pad, Transmit, XScope, OmniPage, iWork, CSSEdit are all amazing applications that are unmatched in the PC/Windows world.

Between having access to these applications and the pure usability of the IU, there are other things that I come to love, such as Widgets (Dashboard), Expose, Spotlight Search, and the simplicity, usefulness and integration of ical, ichat, mail, and the iphone.

Graphics speed. Say what you want, I have NEVER built a PC or used a PC that would have the raw graphic speed of a mac. I am not talking about gaming, I am talking about being able to use Expose on command and have it be fast, fluid and beautiful, every time. Or run through cover flow in ituned without it bogging down and twitching. OS X does these things flawlessly.

I’ve had my mac lock up on me ONCE in 4 months, other than that it has been perfect, the screen is one of the best I’ve ever used, and yes, the mouse does have a right mouse button.

Not to mention it is a sexy looking machine!