I cant caculate offset..

The wheels are 16x6.5 4x114.3 and +42 offset. Their 2 peice wheels and im trying to caculate the offset if i were to flip the face of the wheel and run it backwards. I only took math for everyday life in school :oops:
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2916/09082006006nt7.jpg
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3825/09082006008pi9.jpg

I wonder what kind of stress that is going to put on your lugs.

LOL i think i have those same rims. Work ewings? look in my sig thought i was the only one.

their Weds or somekind…i cant make out the guys shitty writting what kind of weds they are

oh ic they look very similar tho very nice rims 8)

not a good idea. first, it will look ugly. second, your lug nuts probably won’t even fit on the outside of the rim, let alone the hub. third, the offset will probably be too much for your axles. i personally think they would snap.

Sorry, but it’s a dumb idea. Also, 6.5s will look stupid on a widebody. Get proper wheels.

yes very bad idea.

i remember proposing the idea to a wheel fabricator dude thingy guy last year with my Impuls (16 x 8 +32) and he mentioned something i hadnt thought about.

the lip of your wheel-centre may not seal or be properly mountable when you turn it around and mount it behind the lip of the wheel shell. at the very least you would have to have it professionally done and it may require machining depending on what the back of the wheel looks like.

but yes, 6.5" wide wheels are fukking ghey.

Ill throw this idea out the window…Ill go back to the original idea of a custom spacer being made and BMW wheel nuts that are like bolts and will bolt into the tapped spacer. This has been done before with a 4" spacer for a kit car and ive seen it on 911 widebodys. Ill spend the money on the spacers for my stock wheels and when i can afford the nycer wheels shave down the spacers so i can fit in nycer lower offset wheels.

btw… just roughly,

the back of the wheel, after you reverse it will look like the front of the wheel now.

seeing as how the wheel is 6.5" x 25.4mm = 165.1 mm / 2 = 82.55mm on each side.

seeing as how the face of the wheel is pretty much flush with the lip (ie. no lip) the mounting pad would then be somewhere around the same place.

if the wheel centre is 30mm thick (from face to back of mounting pad) then i would think the mounting pad would be 42mm + 30mm away from centre no? lol…making it a 6.5 -72mm wheel…lol

it would have to be somewhere near there considering the mounting pad would be as close to the outside of the wheel as the face is now.

so somewhere between -82mm and - 42mm… but yeah, you’d need to actually do it to figure it out.

^^^^^Loool…i have many simmilar numbers after converting inches to MMs and so on so on…but i got lost in the end and figured id need a lower offset wheel in order to flip it and run it with a not so low offset. these caculations were like playing a video game when the controls are reversed…ie Left is really making the car go right…

iono… turn the + to a - and then further subtract the width of the face because the front of the wheel will be where the mounting pad was…

Eee… are you serious? If you’re still in HS, please take another math course. Not to impress us losers on SON, but for your own sake. Not trying to be rude/condescending, but seeing someone trying to leave HS without atleast one semi-advanced math course is like seeing someone trying to take their own life to me. You might think it’s okay now, but goddamn you’re gonna regret it. It won’t be that bad, and it doesn’t have to be Algeo or Calc, even though it would REALLY be worth it to atleast take calc. Best decision you’ll ever make.

Yeah if those are the wheels you told me about on MSN last night then youre gonna need one huge spacer lol

Ive got +42 or +45 cant remember now, with a 25mm spacer and looks flush, but thats with a stock rear quarter.

how wide did you go with that rear panel ?

add that to a 25mm spacer and youve got the size you need… LOL quick and easy and unsafe !! yeah get a new rim with a - offset

Yay for Algeo and Calc! :o

I wanted to kill myself after Algeo.

dude you spent the cash to get a 50mm over fender, now you either have 3 choices,

be cheap and have a ghetto wheel setup in the rear and have people lol at you and ask you why you botherd with widebody and call you a ricer.

or

you can flip your wheels and write off your 240 when they stress out and fail on you and possibly kill other people on the road.

or

you can spend the coin and go 5 lug and get baller rims that are 10" wide with proper offset and be a baller…

Yay for Algeo and Calc! :o

I wanted to kill myself after Algeo.[/quote]
Hahahaha, yea man… I was such a tool in HS, I remember almost crying cuz I didn’t get over 90 in Algeo :lol:

It aint cheap being a baller, bling bling money aint no thing… do it… go with option #3

Actually ive registered and payed to go to wyotech in blairsville,PA in April. The cost is 24g american without a house, food etc etc. HS is gay i hate it i just want to get out quick so i can start my real life. The school has a 98% chance of you getting employed within 3-4 months after graduating. Im sure im on the right track…

Eee… are you serious? If you’re still in HS, please take another math course. Not to impress us losers on SON, but for your own sake. Not trying to be rude/condescending, but seeing someone trying to leave HS without atleast one semi-advanced math course is like seeing someone trying to take their own life to me. You might think it’s okay now, but goddamn you’re gonna regret it. It won’t be that bad, and it doesn’t have to be Algeo or Calc, even though it would REALLY be worth it to atleast take calc. Best decision you’ll ever make.[/quote]

“statistics can be used to prove anything, 14% of all people know that”
-Homer Simpson